2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 30

Is this the end or just the beginning?

Feeling

What a rough day today.  Both dogs had me up overnight throwing up - for different reasons.  Needless to say, that left me with very little sleep and I was grumpy when I had to get up and go to work.

Then, I had to leave the little monsters to go to work and when I came home at lunch Belle had had another seizure.  Poor baby - rough night and morning for her that's for sure.  She takes all this in stride, but it stresses me out a lot.

Breakfast:  Pork Chops, Broccoli and Olive Oil

Cooked up some little pork chops and broccoli last night, so I just had to reheat it this morning.

After all the crud over night the last thing I cared about was eating this morning, but I managed to enjoy it sort of.

Lunch:  Chicken Breast, Baby Carrots and Almond Butter
Reheated a chicken breast I had sauteed last night, grabbed a handful of organic baby carrots and a sample squeeze pack of organic almond butter.

Ended up only needing half of the chicken breast as it was just way to much to eat for lunch.  The almond butter was okay, but not my favorite - that's why I bought a squeeze pack to try it out.

Dinner:  Chicken Breast, Baby Romaine, Tomato, Avocado, Pear, Salsa and Mayo

Since I had half of my chicken left from lunch I threw together a quick no cook salad and a pear.

Great easy, no fuss dinner.

Thoughts
Like I said yesterday - I cannot believe it's been 30 days.  This has been a lot different than I expected.  I really thought I would hate it, that I would crave and miss the things I was so used to eating.  Imagine my surprise when that didn't happen - I didn't cheat once, I have learned to enjoy my food and the freedom from counting calories.  

I know you're still wondering - is this the end?  Are you going back to your old ways and giving up on this new lifestyle?  No, it is not the end and no I am not planning on going back or giving up.  I still feel like I have a long way to go and I'm not sure I've realized all the benefits of this yet.  I am still hoping for more.

There are still things I have to face.  I'm still learning that I don't need to stress eat.  I still need to tackle the eating out issue - which will be coming up sooner than I might like.  I still need to learn how to make this eating work with my running.

So, it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings - I'll keep you posted.

1 comments:

raeplace said...

You made it!! Crossed that finish line!! Baby steps. As I have been told many times. :)
Congratulations!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels