2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Friday, October 10, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 26

TGIF- that's right it's Friday.

Feeling

I have just been very tired today.  Just feeling a bit worn down.  Oh and my knee would really have been happy if I wouldn't have walked at all, but I still took the stairs and did what I could.

Breakfast:  Turkey Burger, Baby Romaine, Tomato and Mayo

I cooked a turkey burger last night so I just had to heat it up this morning.  Then I cut it in to bite size pieces and added it to organic baby romaine lettuce and half a tomato with a little bit of homemade mayo.

Overall it wasn't bad.  I do love that I can eat something I would normally think of as lunch or dinner for breakfast - after all it's just three meals a day right?

Lunch:  Ground Pork, Broccoli, Avocado and Salsa
I cooked up ground pork and broccoli last night so I reheated it at lunch and added half an avocado and little bit of organic salsa.

A very filling and good lunch for a Friday.

Dinner:  One Pot Beef and Veggie Soup

So my last couple of soups have been really good.  This one - not so much.  The store was out of organic beef broth so I ended up with organic mushroom broth - seemed like it would be fine.  The soup has stew beef, potato, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, mushrooms, mushroom broth, water, spices and tomato paste.

Nothing I did made this soup good.  It was bland, so I added more spices and it just made it worse.  It is edible, but I am not going to say it was a great meal.  Worst part - I made a big old pot of soup so I'll be eating meh soup tomorrow because I can't just throw it away.

Thoughts
Just a bit worn out today for some reason.  I think it's just been a long week with the travel last weekend and straight to work.  There's always stuff on my mind right now as well so I think my tiredness is really more mental than physical.

I am hoping to get a long run in this weekend, but it will just depend on how my knee and heel feel.  Both have been giving me trouble today so it should be interesting.  If I can manage to get a long run in I will try out one of the organic baby foods to see how my stomach does and if it provides any energy.  Truly though - after this first 30 days my Lifesavers will be that again - my life saver on long runs :).

I am so close to the end of this first 30 days and I'm excited about how it has gone.  As I've mentioned, I will be continuing with this eating style, but the next 30 days will be more challenging as I have two race weekends back to back and eating is going to be tougher because I won't have a microwave in my room for one of my trips so I'm going to be more dependent on food I can purchase.  It will be a whole new challenge and I think I'm up for it.

1 comments:

raeplace said...

Eating out isn't as hard as it sounds. It will take some time to get use to. It takes bit longer but worth it in the end. Glad you will be continuing to eat clean past the 30 days. It takes time for results to show up. I have to keep myself in check on that.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels