2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 25

What to say about today.

Feeling

Another day, more great food.  It's starting to sound the same a lot.  I am still really enjoying the food I am eating and I hope I can keep this up long term.

Breakfast:  Eggs, Spinach, Mushrooms and Clarified Butter

Yep, I clarified butter last night so it was a nice change of pace today to use the butter instead of the evoo.  I cooked up some mushrooms and spinach and tossed in a few eggs.

This is one of the easy, quick and filling breakfasts.  I really enjoyed it today.

Lunch:  Ground Beef, Baby Romaine, Avocado, Salsa and Mayo
I took some Mexican Seasoning and cooked up some grass-fed ground beef last night.  I took the ground beef, organic baby romaine lettuce and half an avocado.  Then I took some organic salsa and a little homemade mayo to make a dressing and tossed it all together.

Oh my goodness, this completely made my happy today.  It was really a fantastic lunch.

Dinner:  Pork Chops, Sweet Potato, Apple and Clarified Butter

Simple pan cooked pork chops, baked sweet potato and clarified butter with an apple.

Funny thing, this was truly a sweet potato - I knew when I bought it that it wasn't a yam, but a sweet potato.  Still it does seem odd to have a yellow sweet potato.  The taste was okay though so that's all that really mattered.

Thoughts
I made my "taco salad" lunch today and it was so good.  As I was eating it, I kept thinking I could so eat another bowl of that.  Funny thing - there would have been no way I could have eaten more and not gotten sick.  The amount I had was perfect and I was full.l and satisfied.  It still amazes me how different it is when you have the right combination of foods - you really do get full.

So, I mentioned that I would probably feel like my clothes are tight today.  Surprisingly not.  In fact, I was shocked to see that one of the shirts I usually wear was actually a little looser today.  It's not like massive change, but it is still change and I noticed it.  That was a huge plus for me today.

Tonight I got in a 30 minute walk on the treadmill.  My right knee is still not super happy, but walking doesn't seem to make it hurt worse so that's a good thing.  I just have to work up the miles slowly and keep doing what I'm doing so that I can keep doing races and hopefully improve again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels