2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 17

Time flies when you're having fun.

Feeling
Still having trouble with the right knee, stairs are painful and even walking causes some pain, but ice and elevation are helping some.  I have just felt sort of worn out today - not like dragging, just sort of going through the motions.

Breakfast:  Ground Chicken, Mushrooms, Spinach and Olive Oil
Pre-cooked the ground chicken last night so this morning I threw some mushrooms in a pan with some evoo, then a handful of spinach and finally the ground chicken to blend them all together and finish cooking.

Thank goodness I don't have any more ground chicken left - I am just really not fond of it no matter what I did to it.  Still it was a small portion of my breakfast and the spinach and mushrooms were awesome as usual.

Lunch:  Pork Chop, Broccoli and Clarified Butter
Last night I cooked up a pork chop to almost done.  I also cooked some broccoli.  Then this afternoon I threw some clarified butter in and reheated everything.

It was hilarious - I was eating my lunch and I would have thought I hadn't eaten for a year or that this was some gourmet meal.  For some reason this so made my happy that I was sad when I was all done :).

Dinner:  Grass Fed Rib Eye, Brussels Sprouts and Clarified Butter
My local Sprouts (a less expensive, more local Whole Foods) had grass fed rib eyes on sale and they looked really good.  Well, not only did it look good, but it tasted really good too! 

That fabulous steak, some Brussels sprouts and clarified butter - such a great satisfying, filling meal!

Thoughts
Busy day trying to get things ready for Tower of Terror this weekend.  All those last minute things to think of.

Tomorrow will be interesting.  I hope that I will be able to find some fruits/veggies at the airport because I will be leaving way to early to try to eat ahead of time.  I do have a Lara Bar as a fallback if I need it, but I'm kind of hoping to have that before the race Saturday night.  I feel ready for this challenge and I am confident that I can make good decisions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels