2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 9

Seems odd that I'm in the second week of this challenge.  I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of the cooking - kind of.

Feeling
Sleep was an issue last night - I didn't get enough and I am just a little tired today.  Other than that I was feeling a little achy today, my assumption is that the bike last night was a shock to my poor out of shape body.

Breakfast:  Eggs, Spinach, Mushrooms and Olive Oil
Apparently eggs have become my new best friend - as in, I seem to be eating them a lot.  Thankfully you can do a lot with them so they can taste different each time you have them.  I cooked down some mushrooms and spinach and then scrambled a few eggs in to the mix.  
Really, this is one of my favorites already.  It's good, it's easy, and it tastes good.

Lunch:  Grass Fed Ground Beef Patty, Cauliflower and Clarified Butter
While I was enjoying my breakfast I threw a ground beef patty in the pan to cook for lunch and cooked up some cauliflower.  When I came home it was to find that poor little Belle had a seizure and I had to clean up the ensuing mess that goes along with that.  Not a great way to start lunch so I was super glad I had everything ready to go.  I put some clarified butter on the whole thing and put in the microwave to heat up.

While I didn't spend as much time enjoying my lunch today, it was still good and filling.

Dinner:  Pork Chop, Veggie Medley, Avocado and Pear
Put a pork chop in the pan to cook.  Once it was almost done, in went the veggie medley (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) and continued to blend everything together.  I added just a tiny bit of clarified butter to give a bit of flavor.  Served this with half an avocado and had a pear for "dessert."

You've probably noticed that I tend to do the same thing with a different protein each meal.  Yep, I do tend to get stuck and I'll have to work on that, but I also really enjoyed this meal so why change what is not broken.

Thoughts
I was curious today.  I really wanted to know what my standard meals for the day really ended up being in terms of calories.  Surprisingly the whole day was about 1500 - 1600 calories.  The shocking part to my still adjusting brain - about 67% of those calories end up coming from fat, 21% protein, and only 12% from carbs.  This is so contrary to what I've ever done before...and yet - eating 1500 calories with grains and dairy and carbs never left me feeling full and satisfying.  Of course, the true proof will be in how I'm feeling at the end of 30 days, but if right now is any indication, then I am thinking things will be pretty good.

I had to ton of things to do around the house to clean up after Belle's episode, and the dogs in general, and then I managed to get my treadmill back together (it's been a battle) so I didn't end up doing a traditional workout today.  Still I wasn't just sitting on the couch so that's something I suppose.

1 comments:

raeplace said...

Why are you having a hard time with sleeping? Sounds like you have more energy. Wish Belle to feel better. :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels