2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 8

On to the second week and feeling pretty good.

Feeling
I have to say for a Monday I've been feeling pretty good overall, even though I didn't get as much sleep last night as I would have liked.

Breakfast:  Breakfast Sausage, Broccoli and Clarified Butter
I cooked up a few ground pork breakfast sausages last night and got the broccoli cooked as well.  I tossed a little clarified butter in the mix and reheated everything for a quick and easy breakfast.

This is a super filling and quite tasty breakfast!

Lunch:  Chicken, Spinach, Avocado and Homemade Mayo Dressing
I cooked a chicken breast last night and tossed it on some spinach and half an avocado with some homemade mayo (yep, my mayo turned in to dressing when I broke it and it became runnier than I intended).

Other than the mayo being a little oilier than I would have preferred it was quite tasty overall and much better than my attempts at oil and vinegar.

Dinner:  Grass Fed Rib-Eye, Potato and Clarified Butter
I tossed a grass fed rib-eye in a pan and a potato in the microwave.  Once the potato was done I put a little clarified butter on it and let it melt.

The whole thing was quick and easy and oh so delicious.  I had actually planned on having mushrooms and an apple with dinner, but it really didn't need it so I didn't.

Thoughts
A weird thing occurred while I was talking to my sister tonight.  She asked if I'd been hungry at all and I honestly replied that I hadn't and in fact it was usually just the opposite.  Then she asked how I keep my energy up and I said, that's the thing you don't have to because everything you eat is doing that for you.  I told her that I haven't even been getting tired in the afternoon like I usually do.  She asked about cravings and I told her that I hadn't actually had any - not for sugar, not for cheese, not for pasta or any of the other bad things I'd been eating.

This gives me some hope.  I realize it's only been a week, but this is the first time that after a week I just feel good about what I am doing.  It has been an eye opener to not measure, not count and not stress about every little thing.  The only thing I've been making sure I do is to get protein, vegetables and good fat in to every meal I make.  That's so much simpler than I ever thought it would be.

In fact, I felt so good today that I came home and got 7 miles in on the bike.  Yeah, it's been a while since I've felt like working out and it felt really good to actually do something I thought about all day.

Let's hope this truly is a reset and restart and that this eating style is something I can continue with long term.  Right now, I don't see why it can't be manageable.  Yes, it takes planning.  Yes, it has cost me more money, but I'm learning on that.  Yes, I have to cook...Yes, I enjoy my meals more.  Yes, I am feeling like I'm doing something good for myself.  Enough said for now :)!

1 comments:

raeplace said...

YAY!!!!! I am so glad to read the super positive !!! YAY!!! On the bike miles!!!! I am so proud of you!!! We had to learn to that it does cost a bit more, but since we don't snack or buy all the "junk food" the buggie isn't as full and it gives us more to eat better. Someone said my box said," It's how you set your priorities." " Your body is your only place you have to live in."" Take care of it."

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels