2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 7

I feel like one of the poor contestants on Hell's Kitchen when they are stuck prepping the kitchens after losing a challenge.

Feeling
Overall I feel pretty good today.  I did spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and prepping though and it sort of feels like I neglected everything else to do this.  I am sure I'll get used to it and become more organized, but right now it feels like a lot to do.

Breakfast:  Ground Pork, Spinach and Avocado
Quick and easy this morning.  I threw ground pork in a pan with some seasonings, browned it up and threw in some spinach to wilt it down, sliced half an avocado in to the mix.

Such a good breakfast and very easy to fix.

Lunch:  Chicken, Broccoli and Avocado
Sliced up a chicken breast and sauteed it, threw in some cauliflower and sliced half an avocado in to the mix.

Another filling and easy meal that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Dinner:  Pork Chop, Veggie Medley, Olive Oil and Apple
Tossed some evoo in a pan and cooked up a pork chop.  Once the pork was about done I tossed in some veggie medley (carrots, cauliflower and broccoli).  For dessert I had a nice cold fuji apple!

This was another good meal, but by the time I had it I was fooded out today.  It wouldn't have mattered what I cooked, I was pretty much done.

Thoughts
I did my grocery shopping yesterday so I spent the better part of today prepping food.  I hard boiled eggs, made mayo, clarified butter, cooked veggies for tomorrow and breakfast sausage and chicken, and finally prepped some spinach.

The real issue was I wasn't very organized so I'd do something and then get sidetracked and do something else.  If I would have thought things out better I might not feel like I cooked all day, but of course while prepping I had to cook my meals today as well.  

I'm getting used to this, but yeah, there is a lot to do.  The great thing is - I haven't snacked at all this week and I've never felt like I've needed to.  Each meal is so filling that it keeps me satisfied until the next meal.  

I will have to be careful and try my hardest to not get bored with the same meals over and over.  I did pretty good with that this week, but it's tough.  I don't follow recipes very well because I just don't have the patience a lot of time.

This coming week I will work on trying to get some miles in.  I just didn't end up doing anything this week as I tried to adjust to the food and not feeling well early on in the week.  There's nothing but my fear stopping me now and I will try to work through this and see what happens.

1 comments:

raeplace said...

Fear?? Fear of what?? Yes you are going to be sore. Yes you are going to be tired, yes you are going to doubt why am I doing this?? But you will be happy when you cross that finish line. Defer Tower I will do it next year with you. I find it easy to get bored with the cooking and prepping. We end up doing ALOT of stuff over and over too. That's why I am looking for recipes. We mostly do it for the different sauces. Any hoo... Get WALKING!!! The doggies will love it!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels