2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 6

Wasn't sure how I was going to feel on the weekend.

Feeling
While I am still a bit tired, I did manage to get a little sleep last night which seems to have helped some.  I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about eating either, but figured as long as I had a plan I would be okay.

Breakfast:  Eggs and Mushrooms
I tossed a handful of mushrooms in to some extra virgin olive oil (evoo) to saute and then a handful of spinach and let it cook down a bit, then I scrambled three eggs in with the veggies.  I also had a pear and a few blueberries I had left over from earlier in the week.

While I slept in a bit this morning, that meant that I had breakfast later than usual.  While it didn't matter for this meal it would impact the rest of the day.  Still this was a great breakfast and I sat and enjoyed it.

Lunch:  Ground Pork, Mushrooms and Spinach
Threw some ground pork with some evoo and let it brown up, then a handful of mushrooms and lastly a handful of spinach.  I let these all blend and brown up some more.

I was pretty hungry by the time I had lunch as it was a lot later than I normally eat so this was a great quick and easy meal.

Dinner:  Chicken and Broccoli
Not much creativity today.  I sauteed chicken breast in evoo and then threw in some broccoli and browned everything well.

I had dinner closer to lunch today because I wanted to make sure I ate and left a few hours before I settled down for the night.  This meant I wasn't super hungry and I found it tough to eat my meal.  I did eat it, but this is something I will have to keep an eye on during the weekends.

Thoughts
Today went pretty well.  I didn't feel tempted to eat things I shouldn't which was good.  The only thing that is tough right now is only drinking water.  I am missing my Powerade Zero - it's not that I need it, but I like some different flavor once in a while.  Yes, Whole 30 allows coffee and tea, but I don't really drink either because even decaf tends to make me ill...this is kind of a bummer, but I'm dealing with it.

I can tell that I've lost some water weight - it's pretty easy for me to see.  This makes it even harder to not weigh myself, but that would be dumb because I do know that right now it's just the water weight that leaving and that's not permanent change.

If I can manage it I will finally try to get some miles in tomorrow.  My left heel is starting to feel better after Disneyland (yes, I will post on this soon) so I think if I take it easy I should be okay.

1 comments:

raeplace said...

You can have fruit juice that does not have sugar in it. They are out there. We still use them to flavor plain ole water. STAY OFF THE SCALE!!! Walk... walk .... walk...

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels