2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Friday, September 19, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 5

Feeling a bit better today.

Feeling
I'm still fighting this darn cough/allergy issue.  Not sure what has got me, but it doesn't want to let me go.  At least the headache was gone today and while I'm still a bit tired, it wasn't ridiculous like yesterday.  The stomach upset is still present, but certainly nothing difficult to deal with.

Breakfast:  Eggs and Spinach
I tossed a handful of spinach in a pan with some olive oil and let it cook down a bit, then I scrambled three eggs in with the spinach.

This was a pretty good breakfast.  Easy to make and more than enough food without overfilling me.

Lunch:  Pork Chop, Avocado and Baby Carrots
I sauteed a pork chop last night, then today I sliced half an avocado and grabbed some baby carrots.

I have to say that I really like the super easy to grab and eat lunches.  It makes things super easy.

This meal did unsettle my stomach a bit though.  I didn't feel overfull, but my stomach just didn't feel happy either.  I think this is just my poor stomach adjusting to this food.

Dinner:  One pot soup - ground beef, mushrooms, veggie medley, beef broth and spinach
I made this soup up last night so that it could cook for a bit and then blend during the day.  I took ground beef and browned it in olive oil, then I put whole mushrooms in and cooked them down a little bit.  Next to go in was Imagine organic beef broth and some water.  Once that came to a boil I added in veggie medley (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) and a couple of handfuls of spinach.  I let this boil for a few minutes then I turned it down to simmer for an hour or so.  Then I let it cool and put it in the refrigerator overnight.

I put the soup on to heat up this evening and oh my did it turn out great.  I enjoyed every bite of this delicious dinner!

Thoughts
I know that I am not supposed to multi-task while I eat, but that just doesn't work for me.  I almost always have some sort of noise on in the house and I typically read while I eat.  Still, I am trying to be much more aware of the food I am eating and I am trying very hard to slow down and not gulp my food.  I think I've been doing a good job of this and I am paying attention to how I feel and the flavors I am eating.

One thing that I noticed today is that my legs are swelling less and when they swell the swelling goes down much more quickly.  See, I have pretty bad circulation in my legs and sitting at a desk all day can really cause me issues.  I try so hard to not cross or sit on my legs and I have a box that I can straighten my legs out on and I get up as much as I can, but it doesn't always help. Tonight when I got home things were not as bad as usual.  It will be interesting to see if this continues.

2 comments:

Jeff W said...

Sounds like an interesting new start. Best wishes.

raeplace said...

Well, I think the allergies are your "carb flu" At least your headache didn't last as long as E's did. He had it for 3 days. Mine was 2 days. Glad you can already see some difference in your legs. Sitting allll day long you should stretch some. walk in place, squat. Ya know.... still no walking.... come on now... Must be nice to live so close to work. I would love to go home for lunch. But I don't. I plug in, and listen to some podcast, or some music. I try to block out everyone.I read or surf the net while having breakfast. But we have made it a rule no phones at tablets at the table. It works. :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels