2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 4

Carb flu - enough said.

Feeling
My allergies are still out of control, but if that was all I think I would have been fine.  Apparently, the "carb flu" is a real thing and I have a great big old case of it.  I woke up tired and just got more and more tired as the day went on.  I found myself being cranky and my cube neighbor's typing was causing me much distress today - to be honest he is an angry typist - that poor keyboard.  Needless to say when the headache and stomach discomfort decided to show up it was just a lot to deal with today.

Breakfast:  Eggs, Baby Carrots, Apple and Sunbutter
I scrambled three eggs (no oils, no Ghee) and had a handful of organic baby carrots and an apple with some organic sunbutter (sunflower seed butter).

Another filling breakfast.  I was certainly full after this lovely plate of food.

Lunch:  Baby Shrimp, Broccoli and Ghee
I thawed some wild caught baby shrimp in the refrigerator overnight and had cooked some broccoli.  I threw some Ghee in the broccoli and warmed it up and then tossed in the baby shrimp.

A super easy lunch and again I was plenty full by the time I finished.

Dinner:  Sauteed Chicken, Cucumber, Tomato and Avocado
I threw some evoo in a pan and sliced up a chicken breast with some seasoning.  Then I sliced half a large tomato, a cucumber and half an avocado and sprinkle some salt on them.

This was a little lighter fare and honestly it was still super filling.  It was also just good clean and yummy!

Thoughts
The brain can be a fabulous thing, but it can also be a really bad enemy.  I still find myself wanting to step on a scale.  Which is silly because I am absolutely sure that I haven't lost any weight in four days and it would only be depressing to see that.  I'm still working on this one.

Then I find myself second guessing everything.  Am I eating too much, do I have the right amount of fat, should I not be eating fruit, how many calories is this meal...All these questions go through my mind all the time - yes, I'm still working on this as well.

Hopefully some of this stuff will ease up after the "carb flu" passes.  I think it's just a lot to wrap my head around yet.

1 comments:

raeplace said...

I had the shakes, and sweats. I went through hot and cold flashes. I was not the nicest person to talk too. I was having a hard time dealing with all the hear monitors going through that. Noise just drove me nuts. E he was just grumpy. We both felt like we had a colds. It wasn't pretty at all. The mental side if this is going to be hard. Still is for me. I hope you took before pictures, so you can see the difference. Or a weekly one. I have to do that, so I do not get super hard on myself. Again did you you walk today??

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels