2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 3

A pretty good day.

Feeling
The allergies are driving my nuts, but other than that I've been feeling pretty good today.

Breakfast:  Breakfast Sausage and Cauliflower
Last night I took ground pork and mixed in a little salt, garlic, onion powder and dry mustard and pan fried three little sausage patties.  I also cooked some cauliflower and got half an avocado ready to go.

This morning, I threw the sausage and cauliflower in the microwave to warm it up and grabbed the avocado.  This took no time and I was able to sit down and enjoy my breakfast.

I cut the veggies in half this morning and that seemed to help as I didn't have that over full feeling like i did yesterday.

Lunch:  Ground Beef Patty and Cauliflower with Ghee
It was six hours between breakfast and lunch and I was ready to eat, but not ravenous.  That tells me that my breakfast worked pretty well today.

Last night I fried a grass fed beef patty and cooked some cauliflower.  I put some Ghee on the cauliflower and threw it all in a bowl.  I was able to heat it up at lunch - it took a little longer than I thought it would because I didn't cook the beef patty quite long enough last night.  Still it didn't take too long and it was a simple lunch.

Again, I did half the veggies and I was full, but not over stuffed.

Dinner:  One Pan Stew - Stew Beef, Mushrooms, Olives, Cauliflower, Beef Broth and Tomato Paste
Okay, this was pretty good, but no more stew beef unless I have time to slow cook it.  I took the grass fed beef and browned it in evoo, then I added mushrooms and cooked those down.  I added organic Whole 30 approved beef broth and a small can of tomato paste.  Once this was combined I added a small can of black olives and cauliflower.  Then I let the whole thing simmer so that it could blend.

Not a bad meal, but I was going to do this with ground beef and I think that is what I might do next time.

Thoughts
The funny thing is - as I was cooking my dinner tonight I thought oh I need to add cheese to this.  Then I remembered that I didn't have cheese and couldn't have cheese and that was it - no regrets.  Honestly, the meal didn't need it any way.

I have never been big on spices, but even after only three days I am sort of loving that I can distinguish the spices and I am enjoying them.  

I have been having fun experimenting with food so far and I hope that continues.  I don't usually cook so I can only hope that I don't burn out on having to cook so much.  If I can keep being creative and keep things simple I think it will help.

Cutting back on the veggies at breakfast and lunch made a big difference today.  I was still full and didn't get hungry between meals, but I didn't have that bloated too full feeling either.

Thankfully, I think I ended up buying way too much food for this week.  I just wasn't sure how many veggies to buy so I think I probably doubled the amount I needed for some of them.  I also know that for me I will have to rely more on frozen veggies than all fresh.  I just can't eat them quick enough and I don't want to waste money by having to throw things out.  The good thing is, I can get organic frozen foods from many of my local stores so at least I will feel better about that.

2 comments:

Disney Runs said...

Good for you! My mom is doing a new program where she has to cook all the time, and she's really made it a great habit! I definitely need to cook more! That's key! Keep it up girl!

raeplace said...

Sounds like you are enjoying this. I am so glad to hear the up beat in your post. You didn't say if you walked today or not.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels