2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 2

Yep, having the food for breakfast and lunch mostly ready to go the day before it a huge help.  In fact, I know what I'll be doing this weekend.  For all the things I read about people saying it takes a lot of prep work, they are not wrong.  The interesting thing is how much I have enjoyed the food I have eaten the last two days - real food is not something I normally do and I guess I'd forgotten how good it can actually be.

Feeling
Not going to lie, I have been suffering allergies and joint pain and today was no different - not that I expected it to be.  One thing I have found is that don't like not having gum, mints or cough drops - sometimes that is the only thing that helps calm my coughing and these aren't allowed on the Whole 30, even if they are sugar free.

Breakfast:  Scrambled Eggs and Broccoli
Today I decided to try using Ghee to cook my eggs and broccoli in.  I did the four eggs again this morning and a couple of handfuls of broccoli that I precooked last night.  Threw it all in a pan and cooked it up, quick and easy.

I can happily say that the Ghee in the eggs didn't bother me at all - no funky tastes.  Maybe it will be okay to cook with if the flavors are strong enough to blend with it.

This was way too much food.  I didn't feel over full when I finished, but as the morning went on I sort of felt bloated and a bit uncomfortable.  I also just felt way too full.  In fact, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to eat lunch, but I was okay by then.

Lunch:  Spinach, Orange, Chicken Salad
Last night I sauteed half a chicken breast in a little olive oil and some spices.  I also combined a couple of handfuls of raw organic spinach, half of an orange and half of an avocado in a bowl.  The other half of the orange was squeezed to get all the juice out which I put in a little dish.

When I came home for lunch I put a little extra virgin oil olive and a dash of salt in with the orange juice and blended it together.  This was the dressing that I tossed the salad in.

Everything was fantastic, except that darn olive oil.  So, I guess it wasn't just the balsamic vinegar I didn't like because I didn't like the olive oil in my salad today.  I just don't care for the taste and I'm not sure I love the feel of the oil on my food.  Another salad that I think will be fantastic with a different dressing - maybe I'll try some citrus mayo or even a little garlic mayo with this one next time.

Again, I was super full as I drove back to the office after lunch.  Another portion that I need to cut back on because this was too much food again.

Dinner:  Pork Chop, Applesauce Braised Cabbage and Applesauce
Tonight I cooked a lean pork chop in a little evoo until it was almost done.  I deglazed the pan with just a little water and then put a snack cup of organic applesauce in the pan with a little dry mustard, salt and garlic powder and brought up the heat.  Next came the shredded red cabbage which I stirred in to the sauce and braised until a little softer, but still left a little crunch.  I put the pork chop back in the pan and let it all simmer and finish cooking. 

I dumped all this on to a plate and grabbed a snack cup of organic applesauce to have with it.  All I can say it yum.  This really came together very well and I have to say I really enjoyed this meal quite a bit and I did a better job with the portion tonight and I ended up satisfied but not too full.

Thoughts
I was really kind of uncomfortable this morning after breakfast - I know that this can be one of the side effects of week one, but I'm pretty sure that this was really more because of the amount of food I had this morning.  I mean I was still not that hungry six hours later.  Yeah, but I think that's a little crazy.  

The good news about cutting the portions down a bit - it will save me some money in the food department.

Other than that today wasn't too difficult.  I haven't been interested in snacking which is great, but not that out of the ordinary for me.  

I cooked up my proteins for breakfast and lunch tonight for tomorrow so I'll just have heat them up  I look forward to another interesting day of food and we'll see how I feel.  

Now, someone please yell at me to get my butt out the door and get some running in.  I have to get over this fear I've developed again (more about that in a different post).

1 comments:

raeplace said...

Eggs and broccoli are filling. I would cut back one egg. Broccoli is a gassy food. Try a extra, extra virgin lite olive oil. The lighter the oil the lighter the taste.
If anything... WALK 30 MINUTES!!! I mean it!!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels