2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 16

Just a blah sort of day all around.

Feeling
Still having trouble with the right knee, stairs are painful and even walking causes some pain, but ice and elevation are helping some.  I have just felt sort of worn out today - not like dragging, just sort of going through the motions.

Breakfast:  Ground Pork, Sweet Potato and Clarified Butter
So, I kind of like this throw together phony hash.  Cook some ground pork, dice a cooked sweet potato and then finish cooking them with some clarified butter and stir in some pumpkin pie spice.

I cooked this up last night and then just reheat it in the morning so it is a quick meal and it is pretty filling.

Lunch:  Grass Fed Ground Beef, Cauliflower and Olive Oil
Last night I cooked up some ground beef and cauliflower in some evoo.  

Nothing fancy, but a good solid meal for lunch and quite tasty.

Dinner:  Chicken Breast, Spinach, Baby Carrots, Avocado, Homemade Mayo and Orange
While I sauteed a chicken breast cut in to strips I put together a bowl of spinach, a handful of baby carrots, an avocado and a scoop of homemade mayo.  Once the chicken was cooked, I put the whole thing together and mixed it all up.  Then for dessert I had an orange.  
Yes, I had more avocado than usual and I added an orange.  I was really hungry when I got home and this meal certainly hit the spot and filled me up!

Thoughts
I am super proud of myself.  Why?  Well, I went to the store tonight.  So, what is so exciting about going to the store?  I bought protein.  So, what is new about buying protein?  I didn't need it tonight.  I did pick up a grass fed rib eye for tomorrow night, but I also picked up grass fed ground beef and ground pork.  There's nothing exciting about that...Sure there is - now I have no excuse when I get home.  I have protein in the freezer which means I have food.

You are probably wondering why that is so great for me.  Here's the deal.  When I travel I get tired and worn out and the last thing I usually want to do is come home and cook.  That usually means that I would order food in.  Make bad choices and then feel guilty about eating it.  So, not this time.

In other news, I think my skin is starting to clear up a bit.  Don't know if it is the food or not, but I'm guessing that all the bad stuff I've been eating certainly couldn't have helped.

1 comments:

raeplace said...

I am proud of you. Keep it up. You are thinking ahead.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels