2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 15

The halfway point - wow, the last couple of weeks has actually gone pretty quickly.

Feeling
I don't know what I expected the halfway point to feel like so I guess it was pretty good.  The only issue I am having right now is that my right knee is acting up again, which means I favor it and then the left heel starts to hurt.  Seriously though - I really have felt pretty good today.

Breakfast:  Eggs, Spinach, Mushrooms and Clarified Butter
Spinach and mushrooms sauteed in clarified butter and then eggs scrambled in.  See, it really is one of my go to meals and so darn good.

Lunch:  Chicken Breast, Brussels Sprouts and Clarified Butter
Cooked up a chicken breast and Brussels sprouts with a little clarified butter last night and reheated it at lunch.

The meal was good and filling and just right.

Dinner:  Pork Chops, Brussels Sprouts, Olive Oil and Apple
I cooked up pork chops in olive oil and then heated up the Brussels sprouts.  Then I had an apple.  This was a good dinner as I was actually a bit hungry tonight.  

Thoughts
Pretty simple meals today, but they were quite tasty and hit the spot.  I guess that's something I'm learning - it doesn't have to be fancy and take a long time to be enjoyable.  The cooking is becoming more natural and second nature - thank goodness.

It still surprises me that I am halfway through the 30 days.  It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be and maybe that's because I took the time to get mentally ready to change too.  So, as I keep saying I have a lot of work to do, but I'm getting there slowly and hopefully healthfully.

Don't get me wrong, I was reading today and the story happened to have a lot of food in it and there were a couple of times that I thought, "oh my - that sounds so good."  Then I would catch myself and realize it was just the thought that sounded good not the actual food.  Yep, I still have some work to do on the food front ;).

1 comments:

raeplace said...

Happy 15 days!!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels