2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 13

Lucky 13 or Unlucky 13????

Feeling
I slept in this morning and that was the best thing in the world.  Contrary to popular belief, it does rain in Arizona and this afternoon the storms hit and are actually still going while I type this.  Seriously, I didn't do much during the morning or afternoon and this started to help the swelling go down in my legs.  I kind of figured kicking back would help on the swelling - it usually does.

Breakfast:  Eggs, Spinach, Mushrooms and Olive Oil
I sauteed some mushrooms and spinach in some evoo and then scrambled it up with a few eggs.

Another good and super filling breakfast - this is truly become one of my favorites.

Lunch:  Ground Chicken, Cauliflower and Clarified Butter
I cooked up some ground chicken and cauliflower and then finished it all off with some clarified butter.

While I'm still not a super fan of the ground chicken, I did find that it was better today than the last time I had it.  Maybe I'm just getting used to it.

Dinner:  Grass Fed Strip Steak, Mushrooms, Broccoli and Olive Oil
More sauteed mushrooms in evoo.  Then I threw the steak in with the mushrooms and cooked it up.  Once the steak was done I threw the broccoli in with the mushrooms and tossed them together.  Finally I had a pear to finish off the meal.

Seriously delicious dinner tonight.  It was the perfect end to the day.

Thoughts
Another great food day - It is so fun to enjoy my meals and not just go through the motions of eating crap just to eat it.

I decided to try to get a 30 minute walk in on the treadmill tonight.  Sadly, 30 minutes was enough tonight and I didn't even go fast.  I just felt a bit worn out at the end - I know I'm out of shape, but 30 minutes shouldn't have drained me this much.  I do wonder if it is the diet, in my head, or something else going on.  I ate about 2 hours before I worked out and perhaps I will have to find a snack that won't bother my stomach before I work out - something I've never had to do before.

So, the journey continues and I'm not sure where I am at this point.  I love the freedom, the food, the concepts, but I have no idea if it is helping me where I want it to.  I still have some bloating going on and my joints are still causing me some issues today.  Still, the doubts don't make me want to give up.  I really want to see this 30 days through and then I will take it from there.  I suppose I'll have to do some more reading up on a true Paleo lifestyle and see how to adapt to it after the 30 days.

1 comments:

raeplace said...

Glad you're doing even better today. Sleep, I have learned it a big part of recovery. It depends on how sore I am how much sleep I get. Or if I just go to bed late...Also from onther book I have been reading, using as a reference,The Paleo Approach. She is a doctor who has had to battle issues. She get real techy in it. Like sleep, and how to help reset your internal clock. I have been trying to work on this. The only thing I don't like about her book, is she throws around the word Paleo. She makes it seem like in parts cleaning eating was never around before Paleo. Glad you walked. Don't forget, you are pretty much starting from zero. So it is going to be like you have never done this before. Please don't try the honey drops, they tend to get sticky and stick together. Very messy. Have you thought about dehydrating fruits?? We have been waiting for this one dehydrator to come in at Bass Pro. I know I can eat the bananas out on the course. I was going to try dehydrating them to make it easy to carry.
I got long winded! Have a great day!!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels