2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Friday, September 26, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 12

I feel swell....

Feeling
Seriously, I feel pretty good today, but I am still so bloated and swollen.  My legs are swollen and even my hands were a bit swollen this morning.  Drinking my water brought the swelling down in my hands, but my legs are still swollen.  While this might bother some people, I have to say it's not that disturbing to me - it happens.  Hopefully it will go down over the next couple of days and then I can swell up again when I head to Florida - yeah, travel does that to me too.  I also think all the veggies are playing a part in this bloating/swelling thing too.

Breakfast:  Ground Pork, Sweet Potato and Olive Oil
Last night I cooked a sweet potato and cooled it.  I took ground pork and cooked it in some evoo, then I diced the sweet potato and tossed it in the pan.  I took some pumpkin spice and tossed it in too - wasn't sure how that was going to turn out, but figured what the heck, I don't really love sweet potato so why not.

This morning I heated it all up in the microwave and what do you know.  I was able to tolerate the sweet potato and it actually wasn't even that bad.  So, breakfast was pretty good.

Maybe I can try sweet potato in other ways...

Lunch:  Chicken, Broccoli and Clarified Butter
I cooked up a chicken breast and broccoli last night and then finished them off together with clarified butter.  Then I just had to reheat them for lunch and there you have it a quick, easy and tasty meal.

Dinner:  Baby Shrimp, Tomato, Avocado and Mayo
I had some wild caught baby shrimp, a tomato and half an avocado.  I threw a little homemade mayo on the whole mix and called it dinner.  Was it great?  No, but it worked since it took no time and it wasn't like it was bad.

The only problem - not enough substance to make it super filling so I had a pear a little later to fill the gap. 

Thoughts
Today was a good food day.  I enjoyed all my meals.  Of course, I messed up with dinner and didn't have enough fiber or substance.  That's okay though, I didn't really feel like cooking and tonight's dinner was easy.  The best part - I didn't have to feel guilty about having a pear.  It didn't put my calories higher than I was supposed to or mean that I failed or that I have to beat myself up over it.  That's a good feeling.  Just knowing that I can listen to my body and feed it if it is hungry or stop eating if I'm not hungry.  That is a huge change for me - it wasn't even hard to remember that I am not on a diet.  I am doing something to make me better - mentally and hopefully physically.  This was a freedom I haven't felt with food in a long time.

1 comments:

raeplace said...

I love your food choices. So I am going to add in some avocado. My coach has been on me to do that. Glad you are feeling better. Not sure why you're swollen. Maybe your electrolytes are off a little. Maybe your adjusting to your foods.My Mom suggested a self lymph nod massage. Start at the bottom and go up. Go over and read Can't... My coach loved it so much.. he shared it with the Box. {blushing}

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels