2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 11

Ever have one of those days?

Feeling
While I've been feeling mostly better, that was not the case today.  My right knee is very unhappy and let me know it all day, my back is also causing me some grief.  I am also feeling a bit stressed - there' s always so much going on lately I can't always keep up.  I am also quite bloated today - I woke up swollen and just got more swollen throughout the day.  

Breakfast:  One Pot Chicken and Veggie Soup
I finished up the soup from dinner last night.  It was still very enjoyable, but I found that it wasn't quite as filling as other breakfasts I have had.  It wasn't that I was starving or anything I just didn't feel quite as satisfied as I have been.

Lunch:  Pork Chop, Spinach, Olive Oil and Apple
I cooked up a pork chop and spinach last night and apparently I was a little heavy handed with the salt last night - wow.  When I reheated everything in the microwave it also turned the spinach in to spinach chips - kind of a cool idea if it had less salt.

I was able to sit down and enjoy the meal, despite the salt!

Dinner:  Ground Beef/Ground Pork Meatballs, Tomato and Cucumber
Tonight I took grass fed ground beef and organic ground pork and mixed them together with some spices and made little tiny meatballs.  I cooked them in evoo.  Alongside the tiny meatballs I chopped up a tomato and cucumber and sprinkled them with a little salt.

What a great dinner.  I really enjoyed the whole thing, it was a good contrast with the meatballs and the crispy veggies.

Thoughts
Today has been rough on me - mentally and physically.  Physically I just feel like I've been beaten up.  Sore joints today - I am sure some of that had to do with the elliptical last night and the little touch of running I did on the treadmill.  It was just a bit disappointing when I felt so good yesterday.  The swelling was also just a reminder of how far I have to go.

There are times when my brain just can't let me be.  This was one of those days where I just felt gross and out of sorts.  I know that it is normal and heck, these feelings and symptoms are listed out right in "It Starts with Food" and I'm right where the authors say I should be.  The problem is, I get impatient and hard on myself and that just makes it all worse.

The good news - even though I was feeling like this today, I didn't cheat and I didn't want to.  I still think the program is good for me and I want to keep giving it everything I have so that I can see how things turn out after the whole 30 days!

1 comments:

raeplace said...

Amazing what stress can do. And how the body yells back and wants to know why you did the dreadmill. We all have those days where we feel rough and yucky. I think that is just being human. Kudos to you for NOT giving in. Everyone at work has been ordering out. Chinese food. That has made me want egg drop soup. SO my Mom showed me how to make it. SOOOOO... yummy. Easy...
Keep up the great work!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels