2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Whole 30 Challenge - Day 10

Middle of the week and continuing to change.

Feeling
Not going to lie - today was pretty good overall.  The dogs had a good day and I had a pretty good day too.

Breakfast:  Ground Chicken and Cauliflower
Cooked up some ground chicken and cauliflower last night for breakfast today.  This will not go down as one of my favorite meals.  I guess I'm not a fan of ground chicken - I only got it because I couldn't find organic/cage free ground turkey at the store I was at.  It wasn't inedible, just not fantastic.

Lunch:  Hard Boiled Egg, Baby Carrots and Avocado
Well, I guess I know how to hard boil eggs now - this weekend was my first try at it and I have to say I did a good job.  The eggs were quite nice.  Also had a handful of organic baby carrots and half an avocado.

This was a plain and simple lunch which was good this time, but certainly could have used a little kick.  Next time.

Dinner:  One Pot Chicken and Veggie Soup
Yes, I am loving the soup.  Last night I browned up a chicken breast in evoo, added spices, whole mushrooms, baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, shredded red cabbage, organic chicken broth and water.  I let this all cook up and blend together.

Tonight when I got home I threw it on the stove to heat up and it was another winner.  I guess soup is my easy go to meal right now because it's pretty simple, makes the house smell nice and it's a great filling meal.

Thoughts
I started taking the stairs at work again today.  The knees have been feeling a little better and the stairs didn't cause a lot of pain today so that's a good thing.  I have been avoiding them because I am just out of shape and feel like I'm huffing and puffing when I do the stairs - oh well, got to get better by doing it right?

I got home and started messing with the treadmill again.  It is a patience tester - I hate adjusting the belt as it never seems to do what I expect.  I had it close, but it still felt like it was slipping.  I gave it up for a little bit and hit the elliptical - I didn't know how long I would last and it wasn't long.  I did 10 minutes before my heel started giving me some pain so I stopped.  Back to the treadmill to try adjusting the belt one more time and I think I got it - I will see in the morning if I don't get outside.

Since I will be heading to Florida next week I decided I had to figure out what to do about food.  I placed an order with Garden Grocer tonight for delivery to the resort when I arrive.  It really should cover 90-95% of my meals and snacks while I'm there and that's exactly what I need to do right now to make sure that I stay on course and avoid temptations.  Should be interesting.

2 comments:

-J.D. Humenay said...

I've been able to stay paleo and go to WDW, so I'm sure you can do it too. I have to wonder if your decrease in joint pain has anything to do with kicking out grains. That is the very first place I feel them. Give me a piece of toast and the next day, I'm practically arthritic...

raeplace said...

Glad to hear your knees are doing better. :) I am glad to read that your are becoming more active. As for me I can not eat grains or any type of gluten. I will swell up and have ton of joint pain. I eat clean /paleo when at the World, except for a Dole Whip. It's dairy free. It is the only sweet I have any more.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels