2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Weekly Review: Jan 13 - 19, 2014

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk 1.25mi @ 24:00 per mi
Notes: Pretty sore and tired today, but nothing intolerable.  My knees feel fine, the heels are holding up unless I touch them.  The worst part is the huge blisters on both feet.  Doesn't really matter, I am so proud of what I did over the weekend.  This was the right start to the year and it seems like it's been a long time coming.

Tuesday
PM Workout:  Bike 3.5mi, 14.2mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes:  Legs are really swollen and my feet are sore today.  Couldn't put a full time workout in as I had to drop the dogs at the kennel and pack for California.

Wednesday
REST
Notes:  Travel to California so I took a rest day.  I felt lazy taking the day off, but it's the first day I've had no workout since July 1, 2013 so I cannot complain.

Thursday
REST
Notes:  Today was the Tinker Bell Expo and I spent the better part of the day standing in lines, walking the expo, and shopping.  Still feel lazy not working out, but I think saving my legs is the better option right now.

Friday
AM Workout: Neverland 5K - 4.2mi, .92mi warm up/cool down, 3.28mi @ 14:02 per mi Garmin, 3.1mi @ 14:50 per mi official distance
Notes:  Expected to be slow and tired today, but instead I felt great.  The weather was great, I enjoyed the course and it was fun starting off at the front of the whole race.  I also took two minutes off last week's 5K time so that felt good too.

Saturday
AM Workout: Tinker Bell 10K - 7.05mi, .67mi warm up/cool down, 6.38mi @ 14:13 per mi Garmin, 6.2mi @ 14:38 per mi Chip Time
Notes: Such a fantastic race.  I felt good, I had fun and ended up with a new 10K PR.  Took three minutes off my previous 10K PR and seven minutes off last week's 10K time.

Sunday
PM Workout: Tinker Bell Half Marathon - 14.27mi, .69mi warm up/cool down, 13.58mi @ 14:31 per mi Garmin, 13.1mi @ 15:03 per mi Chip Time
Notes:  Seriously, how can I be upset by this?  I took 21 minutes off last week's half time.  I did run/walk intervals the entire time.  I thought I hit a wall at mile eight, but I pushed through it and ended up stronger than I probably should have.  I really felt like this race shows me that I can do more again and I will improve.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +0.2 pounds
Yes, I can come off a 50+ mile week and gain weight.  In this case, most of this was swelling and honestly, I'm not upset by this.

Run/Walk Miles: 30.27
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 30.27

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles:  93.77
Bike Miles: 20.20
Elliptical Miles: 1.01
TOTAL MILES: 114.98

Training Notes
11 days - 7 races - 71 miles - 9 medals.  I can't express how proud I am of myself right now.  I took on a challenge last year and I accomplished it.  The three races this weekend were fantastic.  I ended up bettering my times for all three races - something I never would have thought possible after the Dopey Challenge. 

The best part is that I'm really feeling good mentally and physically.  I want to do more and get better and reach the rest of my goals for the year.  I have a lot of work left to do, but now it excites me and makes me start thinking about how to reach those goals.

Health Watch
I won't have a weigh in for this week because I will still be in California, but I anticipate that I will have a weight gain.  I know I have to get back on track here and I'll do what I can to do it

2 comments:

Chris said...

Awesome job, Amanda! Seriously is. You have to do the work physically, but the mind is so crucial to digging deep when things get tough. Nice work.

Chris said...

Hmm..looks like I'm the only one who's completely dropped bloging! :-) What a crazy month January is/was! You did great and I know you'll continue to do more of the same in 2014. Onward and upward!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels