2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

December 2013 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: +3.8 pounds
I hit my weight wall this month.  I feel gross and unhealthy.  For me, that's the first step towards trying to get better.  

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 78.71 miles
Bike: 40.50 miles
Elliptical: 3.02 miles
Total Miles: 122.23 miles

Goal Review
So, I set a goal for December - continue miles every day.  Didn't matter how many miles as long as I got up and moved.

I am happy to say that I met this goal once again. Sometimes it was rough, but most of the time I felt good.  I do think that all the days of doing something will make me stronger and set me up for a great year in 2014.

I have done my best to stick to the Galloway plan for Dopey.  I've done all my short runs, but I still tend to struggle with the long runs at times. I am not happy that I have not done more runs longer than the half distance.  I only did one 20 miler and I'll be honest, that 20 miler sucked and I got nervous every time I got ready to do another one.  I am afraid that this will hurt me in the Dopey, but I'm trying to stay confident.  

January 2014
January will be a challenge.  A challenge that I'm not positive I am ready for, but one that I am undertaking none the less.

January 9 - 5K
January 10 - 10K
January 11 - Half
January 12 - Full
January 17- 5K
January 18 - 10K
January 19 - Half

If I can manage these races, that will be 71 miles over two long weekends.  My mind is still a bit boggled by this number.

Other than that, I want to work on speed, playing with my intervals, and learning to not dread my long runs.

In terms of health.  I am going to track my meals, try to do a better job with portions and do my best to not gain any weight.  Losing weight would be great, but I know I need to focus on re-training my brain first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels