2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekly Review: August 26 - September 1, 2013

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Elliptical - 1.01mi, 31 minutes, resistance level 1, ramp incline 15%
Notes:  Nothing to exciting about this workout tonight, but it was a good workout.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 2.06mi @ 14:33 per mi
Notes:  Starting to stress a little bit about the races this weekend.  Still an okay workout tonight.

Wednesday
PM Workout: Bike 7.9 mi @ 15.9mph avg, resistance level 3, 30 minutes
Notes:  Good bike ride tonight and I still have to pack for California.

Thursday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 2.08mi @ 14:54 per mi
Notes:  How about this - I flew from Orlando to California checked in to the hotel and went to the gym to workout.  Very proud of myself for that.

Friday
PM Workout:  Bike 7.15 mi, resistance level 4, 30 minutes
Notes:  Managed to get a good bike ride in even with all the walking around and waiting around at the expo.

Saturday
PM Workout:  Disneyland 10K - 6.38mi @ 14:39 per mi Garmin Time, 6.2mi @ 15:03 per mi Chip Time
Notes: Super hot and humid this morning.  Did 1min run/1min walk intervals pretty much the whole time.  Even though I pushed harder than I was going to, I was still super slow.  All the weaving has made the right knee a bit sore.

Sunday
AM Workout:  Disneyland Half Marathon - 14.33mi total, 13.41mi @ 15:25 per mi Garmin Time, 13.1mi @ 15:47 per mi
Notes:  Again, super hot and humid this morning.  I was a bit sore from yesterday and decided early on to walk the race.  The heat hit me pretty hard around mile 10 and mile 11 was the worst of all.  I was still pleased to make it under the 3:30 time limit, but I'm sad that the conditions weren't better so that I could have tried to get a better time for corral placement for Dopey.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +.4 pounds
As usual I struggled here.

Run/Walk Miles: 24.85
Bike Miles: 15.05
Elliptical Miles: 1.01
TOTAL MILES: 40.91

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 14.33
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 14.33

Training Notes
It was an interesting week this week.  I stuck to my plan to get miles every day, even when I had to get ready to pack up for California and the new Dumbo Double Dare challenge.

Of course, I had to modify the Galloway plan to accommodate the races, but I feel good about what I did in terms of the plan.

The weather was a huge challenge for the Dumbo Double Dare - it was hot and humid both race days.  Yes, I live in Florida now, but no I haven't trained outside in the humidity so it's still hard on me.  I decided on the morning of the 10K to push on that race since I knew the heat would be tougher during the half.  I'm really glad I did that - while I was still slow I feel like I did a pretty good job and it was the first race in a long time that I actually did run/walk.  The half marathon was fun, even if I didn't get to do what I had wanted to do.  It was such a change from how bad I felt last year that it really didn't matter that I was so slow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels