2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekly Review: July 29 - August 4

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Elliptical 1.0mi, 30 minutes, varied resistance levels, ramp 10 %
Notes:  I wasn't sure I'd make 30 minutes tonight, it was really rough.  Knees were fine, but my feet were really sore on here today.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 2.0mi @ 15:34 per mi
Notes:  Felt good, but was hoping to go longer than 30 minutes, but by the end of 30 minutes I was feeling it and had to stop.  At least I'm still trying.

Wednesday
PM Workout: Bike 10.5mi, 45 minutes, resistance level 2, 14.0mph avg
Notes:  Got in a really good bike ride tonight.  I am finally starting to feel stronger in the legs.  Got my corral for Disneyland today - F.

Thursday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk 2.1mi @ 14:45 per mi
Notes:  New month, new miles.  I'm sore, a good sore, which means I've been pushing harder this week.

Friday
PM Workout: Treadmill hill intervals 1.92mi @ 18:13 per mi, incline 0-5.5%, 3 - 3.5 mph
Notes:  A bit tired and worn out today, but surprisingly the inclines didn't bother me as much as I thought they would.

Saturday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 3.0mi @ 14:36 per mi
Notes: Nothing structured today, just sort of played with running/walking to see if I could get my body more comfortable with the running motion.  Legs felt really good through the whole workout, but sore after I was done.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 2.03mi @ 14:46 per mi
Notes:  Would have liked to do more miles today, but it's really hard to do while I'm on call.  Still it was a good workout and the miles felt good even after pushing a little bit yesterday.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -.2 pounds
Well, there you have it. I won't complain with a negative number, but I won't claim it as a success either.

Run/Walk Miles: 11.05
Bike Miles: 10.5
Elliptical Miles: 1.0
TOTAL MILES: 22.55

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 9.05
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 9.05

Training Notes
I have to say that while I'm still not where I want to be, I am starting to feel stronger.  My legs are holding up better and better with each workout.  My cardio still needs work, but I am able to get through my workouts without too much huffing and puffing right now.  Things are going okay.  The tough part right now is not being able to get outside and trying to figure out my workouts while being on call.

I am still on track with the Galloway Dopey Training Plan and still haven't missed a workout there.  That makes me feel really good, of course, it's still early and the miles are still relatively short so I've been able to hold up. 

I am in corral F for the Dumbo Double Dare - at least it's not the last corral.  I'll take whatever buffer I can get, even if it is only one corral.  I'm feeling okay for the 10K - I don't think this one will be too bad for me.  I will have to be careful to save some energy for the half and not completely wear myself out.  I just have to remember that it'll be a PR no matter what for the 10K as I've never done a 10K race.  Then for the half I just want to give it my all and see what happens.  It's not the first time I've done the course so I know it well and I should be able to get myself through it okay.

On the food front, I've done really well this week.  Six days of eating better food and better portions and one day of splurging.  It's not perfect and it's still a work in progress, but it's at least a start.

2 comments:

Aly said...

Awesome job! I'm excited to PR at the 10k too--it'll be my first also. The course looks fabulous; lots of time in the parks to be distracted :)

raeplace said...

This one sounds more like you. :) Yay for the loss! I do a splurge day.It ends up me having french fries.
I am excited for you. I wish I was going. There is next year.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels