2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Weekly Review: August 19 - 25, 2013

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Elliptical - 1.54mi, 45 minutes, resistance level 1, ramp incline 30%
Notes:  Good long workout on the elliptical tonight.  Felt pretty good in terms of cardio.  Knees a little bit sore.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 3.26mi @ 14:15 per mi
Notes:  Tired at the end of the 45 minutes, but overall I felt okay.  Still managed to do my run/walk intervals without adding extra walk breaks.

Wednesday
PM Workout: Bike 11.6 mi @ 15.5mph avg, resistance level 3, 45 minutes
Notes:  Bike is feeling better and better each time.  Stayed nice and consistent tonight.

Thursday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 2.08mi @ 14:25 per mi
Notes:  Legs are super tight and the calves are sore tonight.  Still a good quality workout tonight - would have been better if I would have eaten today, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

Friday
PM Workout: Treadmill workout 2.75mi @ 16:21 per mi, incline 1%, up to 4.0 mph
Notes:  Very tired today.  Still a good walk tonight.  Always feels good getting the miles in.

Saturday
PM Workout: Treadmill incline workout 1.86mi @ 16:07 per mi, 0-2.5% incline, 3.0-3.9mph
Notes: My right calf was so painful when I got up I could hardly walk.  So, I took it easy, rest, ice, elevate and by late evening it was feeling better.  I was able to do this workout without pain so I must have just been really had a good muscle spasm going on.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 3.13mi @ 14:44 per mi
Notes:  Strayed from Galloway this week in preparation for the Dumbo Double Dare next week.  I want to keep some light workouts going and light miles so that I'm not too tired for the races next weekend.  My right calf is all better today - much better.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -.4 pounds
Meh...what can I say.  I'm trying, but not as hard as I should so I have a mix of good days and bad days.

Run/Walk Miles: 13.08
Bike Miles: 11.6
Elliptical Miles: 1.54
TOTAL MILES: 26.22

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 53.19
Bike Miles: 30.80
Elliptical Miles: 3.63
TOTAL MILES: 87.62

Training Notes
Ah the stress of work and life and all that is living sure can take a toll some days.  It was a bit rough this week, but I can't complain too much as I still managed my miles every day.  Yes, it's true - I never regret a workout.

I had to modify the Galloway Dopey Training Plan this week.  I should have done 9 miles this Saturday, but knowing I have a 10K and Half Marathon next weekend, I decided to cut the miles and save the legs.  That will be the case as each of the upcoming races get closer.  I will swap miles on certain weeks as I need to in order to be rested and ready for races.  I think this will work okay for me.

Food was so-so this week.  I have good days and bad days, good choices and bad choices.  I'll keep trying on this front and hopefully at some point my brain will agree with my body and things will click in to place.

I head out to California this week - the Disneyland races are calling my name.  It's a bit crazy to think that I'll be doing my first 10K after almost 90 races.  It's exciting and adds a little fear to the gut.  It's new territory - although you'd think doing the Goofy twice would make me feel easier about this...This will be the first race in almost two years in which I shouldn't have to deal with major medical issues.  That feels great, but I know I'm not as trained as I'd like to be and I want more than my body will likely be able to give me.  Still, I'm going to enjoy these races and hopefully revel in finishing!!!

1 comments:

raeplace said...

I can't wait to hear about it!! See you soon!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels