2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Weekly Review: August 12 - 18, 2013

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout:  Elliptical - 1.01mi, 31 minutes, resistance level 1, ramp 20%
Notes:  I really didn't feel like working out tonight, but I did it anyway.  Never regret a workout and didn't feel guilty for skipping it.  Overall, I felt pretty good.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 2.12mi @ 14:11 per mi
Notes:  I was hoping to do 45 minutes today, but it just didn't happen.  I still got in a good quality run/walk.  My legs were a little lifeless and sore tonight.  Decided the 30 minutes would be a better choice tonight.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Bike 11.5 mi @ 15.4mph avg, resistance level 3, 45 minutes
Notes:  Good bike ride tonight.  Legs are still a little tired so the bike was a nice change.

Thursday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk 3.2mi @ 14:22 per mi
Notes:  I managed 45 minutes tonight, no skipping any run intervals.  I slowed down the pace just a little to get the extra time in.  I am really happy with the run/walk intervals right now as they seem to be helping me.

Friday
PM Workout: Treadmill hill intervals 1.86mi @ 16:07 per mi, incline 0-2.5%, up to 3.9 mph
Notes:  My feet were sore for some reason tonight, not sure what was up with that.  Still felt pretty good during the workout.

Saturday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 5.0mi @ 14:23 per mi
Notes: I won't claim it's easy, but I managed my miles today and really didn't have to take any big breaks from the run intervals.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill walk 3.83mi @ 16:26 per mi
Notes:  Was hoping to go longer today, but I just didn't have it in me.  Still I got a nice slow walk in on the treadmill and felt pretty good.  Even after pushing a bit yesterday my legs felt pretty good today.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +.4 pounds
Not upset by this number.  I still feel strong, I didn't do a great job on the food this week and I have a lot of work to do still, but I'll get there eventually.

Run/Walk Miles: 16.01
Bike Miles: 11.5
Elliptical Miles: 1.01
TOTAL MILES: 28.52

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 40.11
Bike Miles: 19.20
Elliptical Miles: 2.09
TOTAL MILES:  61.40

Training Notes
I am really glad that I am starting to embrace the Galloway method.  It's taken me a while to get over the not doing a scheduled number of miles each day, but the flexibility of doing time over miles is good for me as it takes some pressure off.  I'm also starting to get over the frustration that I used to feel whenever the interval timer would go off.  I used to get wound up waiting for the darn thing to change to the next interval.  Now, I don't look at it and just go with the flow and it's become a little easier for me.

I still haven't missed a Galloway Dopey Training day.  I went over my miles on Saturday, 5 instead of 3 because I was hoping to do long back to back for Dumbo this weekend.  I fell short on the Dumbo training plan, but I'm still right on track for the Dopey plan and that feels really good to me right now.

I did a little better on food this week, but still not great.  I keeping finding it tough to find the balance between eating right and having enough so that I'm not starving all the time.  I definitely feel more hungry when I put more in to my workouts.  Still, I'm working on it and that's a start.

My Dumbo Double Dare trip is only 10 days away.  I am happy to say I'm actually excited for races again.  It's been a long time since I haven't dreaded the races and how bad I'd feel.  Now, I am looking forward to seeing what I can do.  I just have to remember that no matter what happens it'll be fine.  Even if I can't get a good enough time to move up a corral for Dopey - it doesn't matter because I'll keep working and I'll be fast enough to compensate for a last corral start come January.  It's all about positive thinking and hard work at this point!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like some wonderful training!

Richard said...

It looks like things are coming together for you. You're on track to make some good things happen,must keep pluggin away with your training and good things will be coming your way.

raeplace said...

Nice numbers even if you are not doing the complete time. You haven't miss a training day.That speaks volume!! Keep up the great work!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels