2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Weekly Review: July 1 - 7, 2013

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 1.50mi @ 20:00 per mi
Notes:  The first step back is the hardest and I took that step today.  The Galloway Dopey Training Plan starts this week and I'm ready to give it a go.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 1.90mi @ 15:53 per mi
Notes:  Did some run/walk intervals, but nothing set as my interval timer decided to stop working today.  It was a bit rough, but I did it and that felt good.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Bike 6.8mi, 13.7mph average, 30 minutes, resistance level 2
Notes:  Not a bad bike ride today, I was able to do it.  It felt good to do this today.

Thursday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk 1.98mi @ 15:39 per mi
Notes:  2min run/2min walk intervals and I did them for the whole 30 minutes.  It was tough, but I did it and that felt pretty darn good.  Not trying to be super speedy, just trying to build up intervals.

Friday
PM Workout:  Elliptical - 1.0mi, 30 minutes, resistance level 1
Notes:  Wow, this was a tough one.  I still don't love my elliptical machine, it's not the best machine for me, but it does the job and it kicked my rear.

Saturday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk 3.05mi @ 15:24 per mi
Notes: 2min run/2min walk intervals again today.  Seriously wore me out, but again I am proud of the accomplishment.  I like the momentum I have right now.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill walk 1.64mi @ 18:17 per mi
Notes: I was hoping for a long run today, but my mind and my body were not in agreement.  I started and my body just felt tired so I decided to take it easy and just get 30 minutes on the treadmill.  Not going to let this get me down, I'm just starting back to working out after such a long break..

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +2.8 pounds
I will not claim to be watching my weight right now.  Baby steps, I need to get back in to the habit of moving and pushing myself and then the food issue will be something I can focus more on.

Run/Walk Miles: 10.07
Bike Miles: 6.8
Elliptical Miles: 1.0
TOTAL MILES: 17.87

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 10.07
Bike Miles: 6.8
Elliptical Miles: 1.0
TOTAL MILES: 17.87

Training Notes
It dawned on my that the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare is less than two months away.  I want to try to train more for this one - which really won't take much considering I haven't trained in so long.  I also needed to put aside the fear of trying to run again and I need to keep pushing through that.

So far my knees are holding up okay.  Not great, but much better than they've been this last year.  I had some bad tightness in my left calf that caused some bad heel pain, but I've been stretching and that's working out quite nicely now.

I bought a Yonanas this weekend.  It's a machine that you put frozen bananas and fruit in to and it creates a soft serve ice cream out of the fruit - no added sugar, no dairy.  It's just fruit and I have to say it's really good and will help me to add more fruit in to my diet.

4 comments:

-J.Darling said...

Since weight lifting, I've discovered some stiffness in my knees, but it's WORSE when I don't move. Daily work with a foam roller seems to help A LOT! Keep it up lady! Just phone in some Meet the Robinsons and KEEP MOVING FORWARD! :)

Aly said...

Yipee! You're back and working hard. Keep yourself healthy and injury free, first and foremost. The rest will come with time. Looking forward to reading about your progress. Dumbo is right around the corner :)

Richard said...

I am so far behind in many things, including reading blogs. I am glad to see you active and posting. I hope I can make it out to Disney before too long and see you at an event there. Keep moving forward!

raeplace said...

YAY!!!
Just moving is the best part. You are so right getting out that door or on the dreadmill is the hardest part!
I agree with J. foam rolling has been one of the most wonderful love hate relationships I have with my body. It hurts so good.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels