2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 2013 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: +6.2 pounds
There's no surprise here for me. I know my pitfalls, I know that I haven't worked on this and it shows.  Baby steps, I think I'm almost to that point where my mind will catch up to what I should be doing - we shall see.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 48.15 miles
Bike: 38.30 miles
Elliptical: 5.07 miles
Total Miles: 91.52 miles

Goal Review
So, I set a goal for July - time to get serious and start Dopey Training.  I decided that I would get miles in every day in July - didn't matter how many miles as long as I got up and moved. 

I am happy to say that I met this goal.  Even on the couple of days where I wasn't feeling 100% I made myself move.  While I'm not breaking any distance records here, I'm super happy with where I ended the month.

August 2013
I intend to continue the miles every day goal in August.  In addition to getting miles every day, I need to up the length of time for my workouts when appropriate.  I need to continue building endurance and strength. 

I will continue to use the Galloway Dopey Training plan.  So far, I haven't missed a scheduled Galloway training day.  I know I need to continue to do these workouts and really focus on the long runs to make sure I build that endurance.  I also need to keep working on my fear of running and just make sure that I put the time in.

One other thing I need to figure out is how to get outside and get in miles instead of doing everything on the treadmill.  This will be a huge challenge for me as the heat and humidity is really hard on me right now.  Funny how running in 100+ degrees in AZ wasn't so tough, but trying to run in 90+ with 90% humidity just about kills me.

The Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare is coming up at the end of August and while I don't anticipate a PR at the Half Marathon, I would like to see a marked improvement in my times so far this year.  I know I can do it, but I have to get over my fear and make it happen again.

I've started tracking food again.  While I'm not going to say it's a true diet, I'm just trying to add more fruits and veggies and control my portions better.  I know getting some weight off will make a huge difference to my running.

How did your July go?  Any upcoming races you're excited about?

2 comments:

-J.Darling said...

I have a 5k coming up on August 17th (just a friendly zombie race in Seattle) and a Strongman Competition coming up August 24th. I'm pretty excited about that one! :) Events include: 400lb tire flip 40m (rocked this on Saturday - I'd never flipped a tire before!), 70lbs sled pull 60m, Atlas Lifts of 70, 90, 100, and 125lbs (A little scared of this one, though I did 90lbs just fine on Saturday), and Kettle bell Toss (think shot put, but with a 20,25, 30, and 35lb kettle bell).

Have you thought about doing some cross training to keep things interesting? It's REALLY helped my race times - even though I don't just run as often. Interval training is a blast!

raeplace said...

Yay!! nice start.
The heat has been kicking my but. I have a hard time with breathing. I have been going out in the evening time. Or 4am ish..
No races for me this month. Having a hard time with motivation.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels