2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012 Hello 2013

I know I have been gone from the blog for too long, but another year is gone and here comes the chance for new beginnings!
 
2012 brought a lot of changes for me.  Some good, some bad.
 
Good and Bad
I completed all but one runDisney race in 2012.  Unfortunately, I was unable to start the Wine and Dine Half Marathon due to illness.  This was my main goal for the year - while I am super proud of the races I did finish, especially now that I know that I was pretty ill during several of those races and I was dealing with injuries, I am also severely disappointed that I was unable to complete all the races.
 
Good and Bad
I received news that I was going to be laid off of my job of 9.5 years.  After sending out a few resumes, I interviewed with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.  Those interviews ended with me accepting a position with Disney and relocating my life to Florida.  I had to list my house in Arizona for short sale and my bank has denied the sale because, "I make to much money."  Apparently, their calculations are much different than mine because I'm pretty sure I can't afford two households, and I now have to foreclose on the home and ruin the credit I worked hard to build.  That is a huge stressor in my life and a real negative for my move.  On the plus side, I love being a Cast Member and working for Disney.
 
Bad
My health in 2012.  It seemed to deteriorate more and more as the year progressed.  As soon as I would get over one illness or injury something would happen.  Unfortunately I ended up getting pretty ill and it took over my thoughts for a while.  I am on the mend now and dealing with trying to find the right doctors for each problem, but at least I'm moving forward. 
 
Bad
Sadly, all these health things and moving across the country caused me to lose focus on my training and it pretty much stopped for the past seven months.  I have lost all of my fitness, all my base miles, and all of my cardio.  I have no one to blame but myself on this and I hope I can rectify this situation. 

Good
I have the best friends that are always there to support me and push me when I need it.  I would be lost without so many great people in my life.  I hope you all know who you are and realize just how much I appreciate all that you do for me.

2 comments:

Leanne T said...

So glad to finally hear from you. You've been away for awhile, but it sounds like you're ready to get up and go again. I'm running the Royal Family 5K and can't wait for my first Run Disney race. Hope to see you there. Take care and feel better soon.

Richard said...

I'm sorry about the foreclosure, that sounds very short-sighted on the part of the bank to not allow a short sale deal. :-( In the end you will work past this and become stronger because of it.
I recently saw all of your comments as you caught up on my blog posts and I really appreciated your taking the time to comment, which rally left me feeling better after reading them all. Thank you, my friend, I will miss seeing you as part of my missing Goofy this January.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels