2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kingdom Keepers Series by Ridley Pearson

I recently finished reading the Kingdom Keepers series written by Ridley Pearson and thought I'd share my thoughts. 

There are currently five books in the series:
     Kingdom Keepers - Disney After Dark
     Kingdom Keepers II - Disney at Dawn
     Kingdom Keepers III - Disney in Shadow
     Kingdom Keepers IV - Power Play
     Kingdom Keepers V - Shell Game

I don't want to give away too much so I'll keep it simple.  The books follow the lives of the Kingdom Keepers, a group of kids that were chosen to help protect "the magic."  The kids encounter good and evil, learn to work as a team and run in to many obstacles on their journeys.

One thing to remember is that these books are written for kids.  Now, that doesn't mean that they stories aren't rich - they are.  There are plenty of great twists and turns in the stories and while at times they can be a bit predictable, the stories still pull you in.  I found myself really caring about the characters and enjoying the plots.

The best part of this series is the detail.  If you're a Disney fan and have spent time in the parks, you will appreciate the authenticity of the descriptions.  As you read the stories you can truly picture these areas in the parks (and cruise ship) and that makes it even more fun to read them.

If you're looking for an easy read with a Disney tie, I would recommend checking this series out.  I have really enjoyed the first five books and am looking forward to reading more in the future.

2 comments:

Rae! said...

We have the first 2 and I love them. I have to finish reading them. Didn't realize there is that many more.

Leanne T said...

I love these books! Quick reads.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels