2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekly Review: April 16 - 22

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 100-125 miles run/walk per month
2. One 20+ mile run/walk per month
3. One day of Pilates per week
4. One day of Strength Training per week
5. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
6. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 3.67mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes:  Finally got a walk in.  It didn't feel too bad, but I do feel like I'm starting over - which I sort of am.

Tuesday
REST
Notes:  It's been a bit stressful at work as we have been told we will learn our fate at work on Thursday.  My legs and knees are pretty sore from the walk yesterday proving just how out of shape I really am.

Wednesday
REST
Notes:  Wow - I found out today that one of my friends and a great co-worker has been put on the layoff list.  If he is not safe I now am really stressed about my position.

Thursday
REST
Notes:  Well, it's official I'm on the layoff list at work.  No definite end date at this point and I'll be given six months notice, but this has not improved my state of mind.  It will turn out to be a very sleepless and emotionally draining night.

Friday
REST
Notes:  While I'd like to say that I'm feeling better about things, I am not.  The stress is at an all time high and I'm just trying to get past the shock and figure out what to do with my life.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Walk 2.19mi at no target
Notes: I supposed to participate in the Pat's Run 4.2mi run today, but I made my friend leave after we stood around waiting for almost and hour and our corral hadn't yet moved.  It was already 80 degrees out and I knew I was just going to be completely miserable out on the course.  I know that's a bit of a cop out, but I just couldn't handle things this morning.

Sunday
REST
Notes:  I am starting to get over the shock of the job situation and trying to figure out how to put the pieces back together.  I will get through this.  It's not going to be easy, but I don't really have a choice.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +1.2 pounds
No surprise here.

Run/Walk Miles: 5.86
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 5.86

Pilates: MISSED
Strength: MISSED
Incline: MISSED

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 5.86
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 5.86

Training Notes
I'd have to say that this week was another sucky week and it's my own fault.  I have no excuses - stress should not be affecting my training the way it has and I must get past this.

One thing that I have come to realize this week is that I have got to start taking care of myself.  There's no way that I'm going to survive job hunting and the other stresses in my life at this point unless I make myself a priority.  I really need to remind myself that I am a different person now than I was when I searched for this job.  My confidence and knowledge that I can do anything is so much better now that I've completed the races that I have that I need to carry that confidence in to other areas of my life.  Hopefully it will lead me to better things and I can be myself while doing it!

7 comments:

Cara said...

Sorry you had such a rough week at work. I can't imagine how stressful it is to be told you are being laid off and now have to search for a new job. You are right though- you are going to have to make yourself a priority. That will be the only way that you will be able to stay on track with training, eating right and feeling better. I constantly have to remind myself of that- it is truly one of the biggest struggle in my training and weight loss. I have realized that I am able to handle my stress a little better when I am exercising regularly- but that does not always make it easier to get started when I am not in the mood!

Lorraine said...

I am sorry about the layoff. I agree on making yourself a priority. Work outs relieve stress and help keep us focused, which may help once the job search begins. After successfully completing the Goofy Challenge while sick, I believe you can do anything you put your mind to.

-J.Darling said...

"One thing that I have come to realize this week is that I have got to start taking care of myself. There's no way that I'm going to survive job hunting and the other stresses in my life at this point unless I make myself a priority. I really need to remind myself that I am a different person now than I was...My confidence and knowledge that I can do anything is so much better now that I've completed the races that I have that I need to carry that confidence in to other areas of my life." Print that up and put it somewhere where you will see it EVERY DAY! When you're body is healthy, you're more able to handle all the crazy stresses life throws at you. Sure, we all need time to process, but remember - YOU ARE AMAZINGLY INSPIRING TO OTHERS JUST BY BEING YOU! And YOU ARE WORTH IT! I'm glad to know you and know that, whatever new frontier awaits you - ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE and you're finally nearly free enough to seize it!

Leanne T said...

I think you're on the right track in your attitude. As they say, when one door closes, another one opens. Keep up your attitude and your work-outs and they will both help you cope with your situation.

Secret Marathoner said...

Sorry to hear about the layoff, but remember don't be so afraid of losing something good that you forget it's an opportunity to find something great.
Take care of yourself & focus on making you a priority. You. Are. Amazing.

Rae! said...

Rough week is an understatement. what I have learned from you is to look for the light at the end of the most darkest times.
My injury taught me I must be first. Since I have been released of my bed rest and stuff I haven't looked back.
I know you will come out on this. FYI Disney has been doing a job fair this week. It's not just for those you see in the park.
I am going to get my interval timer and we can start from there together. if you want.=)

KippWade said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your job! At least you'll have notice and be able to prepare for it. In the meantime, I wish you luck in looking for your new future!

One of my favorite quotes from Walt Disney always comes to my mind when I'm in a rough patch:

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels