2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekly Review: Mar 12 - 18

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 100-125 miles run/walk per month
2. One 20+ mile run/walk per month
3. One day of Pilates per week
4. One day of Strength Training per week
5. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
6. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout:  AbRipperX
Treadmill walk 4mi @ 15:00 per mi at 1% incline
Notes:  Okay, I knew AbRipperX was going to be bad, but darn did that just about wear me out.  Definitely have some work to do there.  Got an okay walk in on the treadmill tonight.

Tuesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 3.5mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes:  Another good walk on the treadmill.  Abs are pretty sore from yesterday's workout.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 5mi @ 14:36 per mi
Notes:  I certainly cannot claim to be fast.  I kept wanting to quit, but I stuck it out and put the miles in.  I'm pretty sore - it's a good sore though.

Thursday
PM Workout:  Treadmill Incline Workout #2 - 1.87mi, 30 minutes, up to 4.9mph, up to 10% incline
PM Workout:  Bike - 10mi, 43 minutes, 13.9mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes:  These incline workouts are killers - there's a lot more running than I'm used to and a lot faster.  I just do what I can and adjust down as needed.  Got a good pedal in tonight as well.  I am noticing that I'm really tired right now - it's tough getting back to my routine!

Friday
REST
Notes:  It was not my intention to take tonight off, but I am tired and fell asleep on the couch when I got home from work.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Walk 15.10mi @ 14:56 per mi
AM Workout:  Treadmill walk 1mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes: Set out to do 20 miles today, but I just didn't quite make it.  I did 15.10mi outside with a pretty consistent pace.  I didn't do any running.  The weather was cloudy and very windy - went in to the wind for the first half of the miles.  Thank goodness for lots of water fountains as it was still pretty warm out and I had to stop and drink and refill my handheld bottle a few times.  I also did something I haven't done in years - I wore my headphones.  It helped to keep my mind occupied since I knew I'd be out there for a long time.  I got back home and I had hoped that I could finish up the 20 miles, but after a mile on the treadmill I'd had more than enough and called it a day - 16.10 miles would have to do.

Sunday
REST
Notes:  The body is only a little sore from yesterday, but I've been feeling a little off so I decided not to push.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -4.8 pounds
I'm not upset with this number, but I know that most of this is probably water weight.  I will continue to do what I can.

Run/Walk Miles: 30.47
Bike Miles: 10.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 40.47

Pilates: MISSED
Strength: 1 Ab Workout
Incline: 1 30 Minute Incline Workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 47.73
Bike Miles: 20.0
Elliptical Miles: 1.05
TOTAL MILES: 68.78

Training Notes
This week wasn't so bad.  I am still finding I have some limitations on my endurance and strength, but I think that's to be expected considering how bad the last couple of months have been.  I feel like I'm getting back in to a routine and hopefully it will become easier as I do.

I still find that I'm having trouble getting back to running.  I go back and forth between wanting to do run/walk intervals and doing a more natural run/walk routine.  Then I think I still have that fear of injury and maybe even failure.  It's something that I just have to keep working on and I'm sure I'll get past it at some point.

I did really well with food this week.  I continued to track everything I consume and planning out meals while accounting for workouts.  I had one day that wasn't perfect - I have an issue with the day after long runs - I'm always starving on the day after so I went a bit over what I should have.  Overall I'm very happy with how I've done this week and I hope that food combined with exercise will help the number on the scale next week, but I expect that the loss will probably be slower this week.

Hope everyone had  good St. Patrick's Day if you celebrate (hopefully you didn't over do it).  Any races coming up or new training you want to share?  Leave me a comment!

2 comments:

Richard said...

That looks like a really good week to me. I'm glad to see that you're back into the swing of things again.

-J.Darling said...

Great work outs! Keep doing what you're doing and the weight WILL fall off, my friend! I'm just getting back into the swing of things myself! Got to update the wellness blog with the good stuff. I find that blogging LESS actually HELPS my fictional writing out EMENSELY. So you may find a back off there, but I'm really excited to get the new house! New areas to walk in (including a very dog friendly marina), it's MUCH closer to the YMCA, and it has a spiral staircase I'll have to climb to get from my work desk to the rest of the house! :) Extra work out while I work? YES PLEASE! :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels