2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 2012 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: +2.6 pounds
I am at a bit of a loss right now.  I did much better this month, but I'm not seeing any positive results.  I guess I'm going to have to revamp things again.  Time to start looking at different options again to see what might fit in to my life and wants.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 80.72 miles
Bike: 40.0 miles
Elliptical: 2.13 miles
Total Miles: 122.85 miles

Goal Review
I did not end up meeting the goals that I set for myself at the beginning of the year. I didn't run/walk 100+ miles and I didn't get a 20+ mile run in, but I did increase my mileage and I've been better at adding in ab work and Pilates. So, I could beat myself up or remember just how much more I did this month than last month. I need to remember that I have to rebuild from the first two months and that everything isn't going to just magically feel wonderful because I want it to. I know I have to put in the hard work to get where I want to go.

April 2012
I do feel better that I'm working on things that I had neglected or was unable to do the first two months of the year.  I am back to doing my incline workouts, Pilates and ab work.  I've started upping the incline on the treadmill on all walks - the goal here is to make walking at 2% incline comfortable as that more closely resembles being outside.  I am also going to stop being afraid to run and get back to intervals or some form of actual running instead of just walking and fast walking. 

I feel like I have to reboot on the food front again.  The method I'm using is doing nothing but making me frustrated.  I tend to be hungry more often than not - some of this is due to the increase in activity, but I think it may have to do with the quality or lack of quality in the food I'm choosing.  I will be doing some research in to other methods so I can see if something else would fit my life better.

It's so hard to believe that it's April already.  Things started looking up in March and I certainly hope to continue that trend in April.

3 comments:

-J.Darling said...

I always forget how awesome a homemade salad feels until I make one and enjoy the crispy crunchiness! I've been leaning more on carbs lately, so that's why I've been stuck around the same weight. Need to get away from processed foods! Easier said than done. Expedition Everest Challenge is right around the corner! You'll rock that! :)

Kathryn said...

I lurk a lot around here but I've been reading your blog for probably a year now. I love all the detail with the Disney race reports and being a fellow Disney fan that is about your size and speed so I really relate to everything. I've done a few Disney races but nothing like your accomplishments!!

I've been struggling a lot with food this year too, and am facing a major job change that includes a lot of travel. Although I don't have much advice, I just wanted to let you know that I am listening and will be looking forward to what you have to say on the subject.

Amanda said...

Thanks for commenting Kathryn. Welcome to the blog :)!

I hope that everything goes well with the job change.

Let me know if you have any questions for me.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels