2014 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 189.19
(Run/Walked = 125.19, Biked = 61.50, Elliptical = 2.50)

Countdowns!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

February 2012 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: +5.8 pounds
A total and complete failure on my part this month.  I can't even say that I really tried to do better this month.  I need to make myself a priority and work to correct this.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 31.41 miles
Bike: 0.0 miles
Elliptical: 0.0 miles
Total Miles: 31.41 miles

I certainly feel like a failure so far this year.  It's been a very difficult couple of months.  I finally got over the Bronchitis, Sinus fest and then ended up with a UTI.  More antibiotics and feeling sick and no miles.  So, I headed to the Princess Half Marathon with very little training again.  No way I was going to be able to pull off any spectacular times this year, but I still had a good time.  The Princess Half is a wonderful event, a lot of fun and I was glad to get to get to do it again.

Goal Review
I completed the Lost Dutchman 8K Trail Run, the Tangled Family Fun Run 5K, an the Princess Half Marathon.  While none of my times for any of these events was any where near where I wanted to be, I am very happy that I managed to complete them all.

Sadly, I failed to meet my 100-125 run/walk miles per month goal.  I am sad that I couldn't get the miles in this month, but I've had to listen to my body and take care of some issues.  I am sure that the fact that I haven't put my health first has made this month as bad as it's been so I need to refocus and do better about doing what I should do to get back on track. 

March 2012
So March has already started off on a bad note.  I was supposed to do the Run for Ryan House  Half today (March 3rd), but I had some bad leg cramps and was up sick all night.  Seriously - I can't seem to catch a break right now. 
I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought better food for this next week.  I also hope that I can get back to a normal running and walking routine this week.  I have a feeling that it's going to be a lot like starting over, but maybe that's exactly what I need to do - start over.

It's month three now - can you believe that?  I hope that you're being good to yourself and doing what you can to reach your goals.

1 comments:

Secret Marathoner said...

Stop being so hard on yourself for not meeting your goals!!!
Considering how sick you've been, just getting out of bed should be considered a victory. The fact that you've managed to run one full marathon and three half marathons in a little under two months is AWESOME and you should give yourself some credit!
Remember, life is a marathon, not a sprint. Get yourself healthy and then focus on kicking butt.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels