2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekly Review: Feb 13 - 19

Goals for workouts this year:1. 100-125 miles run/walk per month2. One 20+ mile run/walk per month
3. One day of Pilates per week
4. One day of Strength Training per week
5. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
6. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 4.32mi @ 13:57 per mi
Notes:  Oh my, that was one of the hardest walks I've had in a while.  I can so tell that I've been sick and haven't been working out.  At least I finally got a few miles in, but at what price I'm not sure.

Tuesday
SICK
Notes:  I can't believe this, but I think I'm getting a UTI.  I am not feeling good again and it's unbelievable that I'm having more health issues.

Wednesday
SICK
Notes:  Trying to flush this infection without having to go to the doctor.  So far it's not getting worse, but it doesn't seem any better either.  I am super tired and worn out right now.

Thursday
SICK
Notes:  Okay, I am definitely sick again.  I really think I'll have to go to the doctor, but I know that I won't be able to make it today.  Work is a bit hectic right now so I'll try to hold out until tomorrow.

Friday
SICK
Notes:  A very long day at work, I'm not feeling good at all.  I left the office at 6:45pm and headed straight to urgent care.  I was diagnosed with a UTI and put on a 10 day cycle of antibiotics and rest.  Great just what I need more antibiotics.

Saturday
SICK
Notes:  I really didn't do anything at all today.  I'm so worn out and feeling cruddy that I got up fed the dogs and went straight back to bed.  Not how I wanted to spend my weekend.

Sunday
AM Workout: Lost Dutchman 8K Trail Run - 7.92mi, 2.3mi warm up walk, 4.72mi @ 17:00 per mi, .83mi cool down walk
Notes:  The official chip time was 1hr 20mins (16:10 per mi).  This was a slow walk with me being sick and my friend having back problems.  It was still nice to get some mileage in, but it would have been even better if I wouldn't have been sick.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +1.8 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 12.24
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 12.24

Pilates: MISSED
Strength: MISSED
Incline: MISSED

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 12.24
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 12.24

Training Notes
I feel like all I've been able to do this year is complain and make excuses.  It is not how I want to be and not how I want to come off to people.  I'm frustrated and exhausted mentally and physically.  I am still battling sinus issues, but feel like I have a better handle on those finally.  Just when I get those under control, I end up with a urinary tract infection.  Let me tell you that this is no fun.  It's definitely taking a toll on me and I am not happy to be on another round of antibiotics - I'm not a fan of taking medicine.

I did really well with food during the first part of the week, but that went to heck later in the week as I got sicker and had to work longer hours.  I am so out of control here - good, bad - I'm all over the place.  I know I have to get better here, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it.
I am leaving for Walt Disney World in just a few days.  I do hope that I am feeling better before I head out.  I know I'll still be taking medicine so that sort of sucks, but I just want to feel better.  I've hardly done any working out this year and I'm concerned about the half marathon next weekend.  I know I can finish it, but I doubt I will be able to do as well as I'd like to.  All I can do is my best though.

I hope things are going well for you and that you're able to keep striving for your goals!

2 comments:

KippWade said...

Wow! So sorry to hear about the continued illnesses! I'm allergic to the penicillin family of meds, so when I go on an antibiotic medication it's really nasty stuff.

The only thing that gets me through it is getting yogurt in me with the good pro-biotics in me to help balance the other issues the antibiotic tend to deliver.

I hope that this will be your last bout and the rest of the year will be good!

Richard said...

Keep your chin up and try to focus on the positive and, hopefully, you are getting ready to hit a run of good fortune to replace this run of bad luck you've been having of late.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels