2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

iGiftBag

Are you wondering what an iGiftBag is?  I was when I first heard the term.
In the email I received from runDisney regarding the Final Race Instructions for the Princess Half Marathon, there is a section titled - Your Virtual Goodie Bag

Here's what the email said:
Now you don't have to wait until race weekend and sift through a goodie bag for great offers, prizes and special items. It's all in the new Disney's Princess Half Marathon iGiftBag. Click the link below to immediately enjoy the digital, virtual goodie bag. You can bookmark your iGiftBag in your Web browser to access it anytime in the next 90 days.

So, I clicked on the more button and I was taken to this website.  When you get to the website there is a rotating display of graphics for different offers and text that says take advantage of as many as you want.

There is a variety of coupons, advertisements and contests for you to choose from.

I am perfectly fine with the idea of not having so many papers in the goodie bag and I like the idea of having 90 days to access the offers if I want.  On the other hand, will I remember to go view this website - probably not.

If you take a look at runDisney.com and check the event details for the Disneyland Half Marathon and Tower of Terror 10 Miler you'll see the iGiftBag listed under what participants will receive.  It seems as if this will be the new normal.

Check out the site if you have a few minutes and then leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this idea?

3 comments:

KippWade said...

Since the WDW bag that's pretty much that it was just some fliers, a small clif bar and a tiny package of biofreeze... I wasn't really all that impressed with the swag. So I guess from here on out, you won't even get that.

Lisa said...

Hi! I found your blog from Healthy Disney and just started following. The Tinker Bell Half was the second time I've seen an iGiftBag and the first time for a Disney race. I think it's a good idea because it really is a waste of paper to include all those fliers, plus the volunteer time it takes to stuff the bags. Personally I didn't use any of the offers from the Tinker Bell iGiftBag, but there were a couple I remember as seeming useful to the right person. Oh, and we did still get a small Luna Bar in the race bag, but I think that was about it.

Anonymous said...

I was looking at the igiftbag site as well. I was under the impression it was where you could buy items from the marathon weekend. does anyone know if you can buy items after an event is over?

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels