2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

2012 Lost Dutchman 8K Trail Run - Race Recap

The alarm went off way too early at 4:30am this morning, but I decided to sleep in until 5:00am instead.  I got up and fed the dogs and got ready to head out.  My friend picked me up at 5:30am and we were on our way out to the Rodeo Grounds.  A few miles away from venue I had to have my friend pull over so that I could throw up.  Yeah - not the best start to the day.

I suppose that I should back up a little bit.  I ended up coming down with a urinary tract infection this last week.  I took my antibiotic this morning, but didn't really have time to find something to eat.  My bad, the antibiotic apparently had a very negative reaction with my stomach this morning.  At least I felt a bit better after I threw up, but how awful.  At least I didn't throw up in the car I supposed.

We arrived and parked.  It's almost three quarters of a mile to the race start and since I was sick yesterday I didn't get to the expo to pick up my packet.  We headed off in the cold and dark and it was quick and easy to get my packet.  We walked back to the car to drop stuff off and then walked back to the race start area again. 

Now, with me being sick and my friend struggling with two bulging disks and compression in her back there were no thoughts of running today.  It was going to be a nice slow walk through the desert.  The gun went off at 7:45am and we were walking.

It was a beautiful day to be out there.  It was overcast and cool.  Such a great day to be out there and I am sure the full marathoners were loving the weather too!

Nothing real exciting happened today on the course.  We just kept moving along and finally made it to the finish line.

This was our fifth time doing this event and it doesn't disappoint.  The events are well organized and supported and the courses well marked.  It's also a really pretty location out of the city and away from all the noise and commotion of the cities and towns.  If you ever want to come to Arizona to do a race, I highly recommend these events.  The full marathon course is a Boston qualifier and is a small field of runners.  There is also a half marathon, 10K, 8K Trail, and 2 Mile Fun Run.

1 comments:

-J.Darling said...

Oo... Thanks for the race review! Sistah' Girl is from AZ, so getting out there to do a race with her would be fun!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels