2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

2012 Dopey Challenge Trip Report - January 5, 2012

The alarms went off at 6am, but I didn't get moving until 7am.  I had a little breakfast in the room and got ready to head out.

At 7:50am I walked over to the Magic Kingdom for morning extra magic hours with Jeff.  First up was Peter Pan with a 20 minute wait listed, but the line was much shorter than that.  We walked through Fantasyland to take in the sites and see all the new construction - I have to say that I'm pretty excited to see all the new additions.

Space Mountain had a 15 minute wait listed, but again it was a pretty short wait.  By the time we exited Space Mountain the whole park was open and we headed over to Adventureland.

Pirates - ahoy matey!  Jeff and I were seated in the front row with two other folks and the rest of the boat was completely full.  As we took off I said I thought we might get a little wet because the water level seemed pretty high.  Boy was I right!  At the bottom of the drop we had a tidal wave swoop over us.  We were soaked from head to toe.  Literally - my hair,my face, my coat, my purse - including my iPhone and camera, my pants, shoes, socks - everything was completely soaked.  I've gotten off Splash Mountain drier!

We headed out of the park and over to the Contemporary to catch a bus over to the Expo.  It was a lengthy wait as the buses didn't show up on schedule, but everyone kept a good attitude and soon we were on board a nice Disney Cruise Line bus that hauled us away.  I really liked the addition of a runDisney video with tons of great information about the races, the Expo, course etiquette and more.  This was a really nice touch!

The bus dropped us off at about 10:30am and we headed straight in without having to wait in any lines.  First up was the 5K packet pickup.  I hopped in line and had my packet and commemorative pin in about 15 minutes.
5K Shirt
5K Pin
5K Bib
Next up was the Goofy Challenge packet pick up.  It took about 10 minutes to get through the line and get my bib and commemorative pins.  The volunteers were all so very nice and happy over here that it was really fun.
1/2 Button
Free button for the 15th anniversary of the Half Marathon.
Goofy Pin1/2 Pin    Full PinGoofy Bib
I headed downstairs to make sure my B tag was working and then met back up with Jeff.  He already had his Half Marathon packet and checked his B tag.

Next we headed over to the Josten's Center (The Milk House) to get our shirts.  Shirt pick up was super quick and easy.  There were no lines to get shirts.  The shirts are nice long sleeve tech shirts.
1/2 Shirt
Full Shirt
Goofy Shirt
Jeff went to start shopping at the official merchandise area and I headed to the runDisney booth to sign up for the Disneyland Half Marathon - $10 off and a free Coast to Coast bag and early registration.
C2C Bag
It took about 15 minutes in line to get signed up, but at least I saved a few dollars and got a free bag out of it :).

The official race merchandise this year was actually pretty extensive.  There seemed to be a lot more colors and styles of shirts and jackets then previous years.  I was very pleased that there were more Goofy Challenge item available and I was also pleased to see that there were some larger men's sized shirts at least - I actually saw some sizes up to men's 2X.  It's a start, they need some bigger sizes for those of us that aren't stereotypical runner shapes and sizes!  As usual, I spent too much money, but if you're an annual pass holder don't forget to use your discount any amount off helps!
runDisney Pin
Keychains
13.1 Pin26.2 Pin39.3 Pin
Half VinylFull Vinyl
Goofy Bondi
Tech Shirt
Goofy I Did ItGoofy I Did It
Jeff and I left the Expo at 12:20pm and we waited for an Epcot Resorts bus.  We got off the bus at the Swan and walked over to the International Gateway and on in to Epcot.  Time for a quick bio break in the UK, then we headed over to the land to see what the fast pass return time was for Soarin' - 8 to 9pm - UMMMM NO!  The line for Living with the Land wasn't to long so we took a boat ride to see what was growing.

At 2:10pm we met up with Lisa and Trace and then headed to Canada for lunch at Le Cellier.  Cheddar Cheese Soup, Mushroom Filet Mignon and Lemonade and I was very full and happy.  It was a pretty great lunch and I highly recommend doing lunch there to save a few dollars as the serving sizes are still plenty big.

Since Trace broke his toe prior to the trip he was using an ECV and had a guest assistance card.  We headed on Soarin', The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Spaceship Earth, Gran Fiesta Tour and Test Track.  It was really a great day with the Magic Kingdom, the Expo and Epcot!

We stopped at the Art of Disney and then it was time for Jeff and I to catch a bus over to Kidani Village for dinner.  It was a pretty uneventful bus ride and we arrived around 7:30pm.  Jeff and I met up with Jonathan and then Justin came out to say hi because he was there having dinner too.

Dinner at Sanaa was fabulous.  We shared a flatbread sampler which was a really nice start.  For dinner I had striped bass in a light curry broth with shrimp and scallops and vegetables - it was one of the best meals I have had at Walt Disney World.  The food was flavorful, but not over spiced and prepared really nicely.

Time to do the bus transfer again.  Jeff and I headed to Downtown Disney and did a little shopping before heading our separate ways.  I was waiting for a bus at 10:45pm and was back in my room by 11:30pm.

I got all my gear out and ready to go for the morning.  I was going to be dressing as Jose Carioca so I laid out all the costume pieces, my bib and shoes so I'd be ready to go in the morning.  Finally it was time for bed at about 12:20am.  It was another very long, but good day!

3 comments:

-J.Darling said...

GREAT haul! :)

I haven't heard 1 single negative review of Sanaa. I'm dying to try it! :)

Leanne T said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! We have eaten at Sanaa, also and thoroughly enjoyed the food.

~* Jenn *~ said...

Quick question for you, I found your blog while looking for info regarding the goofy challenge. In your pictures I see one bib for the goofy, do you wear the same one Saturday and Sunday?

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels