2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekly Review: Jan 23 - 29

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 100-125 miles run/walk per month
2. One 20+ mile run/walk per month
3. One day of Pilates per week
4. One day of Strength Training per week
5. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
6. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
SICK
Notes: I cannot say that I'm feeling very confident about the races this weekend when I'm still fighting this coughing.

Tuesday
SICK
Notes: Still coughing a lot and battling a very sore throat.

Wednesday
SICK
Notes: I think I'm starting to feel better, but my throat continues to be so sore that swallowing is difficult to say the least.

Thursday
SICK
Notes: Sleep has been very elusive lately, my sore throat keeps waking me up.  I haven't done a single mile since the full marathon and I just don't know what to expect for this weekend's races!

Friday
AM Workout: Walk from hotel to Disneyland Hotel and back to hotel and then back to Disneyland and to the hotel - 2.44mi no target
PM Workout:  Disneyland Never Land 5K - 4.04mi, .47mi warm up walk, 3.1mi @ 13:39 per mi, .47mi cool down walk
Notes: Traveled to California.  Walked from the hotel to the Disneyland Hotel for the Expo, back to the hotel and then from the hotel to Disneyland and back to the hotel.  It was good because at least I didn't have many coughing attacks.  Ran/walked the Never Land 5K with De'Dee.  We were able to run/walk as we felt and I really enjoyed the race at night through the parks.  I still had a super sore throat and breathing was a bit rough during the race but I didn't have any coughing fits until after the race (which I'll take).  I am pretty happy with the results overall and it was great to have a running buddy for the race.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Walk - 1.5mi @ no target
Notes: Walked from the hotel to the Disneyland Hotel for the Expo.  Spent time in Disneyland and walked back to the hotel.

Sunday
AM Workout:  Tinker Bell Half - 15.7mi, .87mi warm up walk, 13.45mi @ 14:16 per mi, 1.38mi cool down walk
PM Workout:  Walk .94mi no target
Notes: The Tinker Bell Half was pretty amazing.  I ran the first half slower than the second half.  Was able to keep up the run/walk routine through the entire race.  Managed to maintain coughing to a minimum during the race.  My legs held up beautifully, I was completely amazed that I didn't have any leg pain at all.  Breathing was a bit tough from mile 6 on, but I was able to contain it through walk breaks.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +2.4 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 24.62
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 24.62

Pilates: MISSED
Strength: MISSED
Incline: MISSED

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 77.31
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 77.31

Training Notes
The first part of the week was full of doubt and fear for the races at the end of the week.  I was terribly worried that the races were going to be really painful and bad because of the lack of training for almost three weeks.  I knew that my attitude was going to play a big part in my finishing and enjoyment of these races.  So, I had to mentally tell myself, enough, sick or not, I'm going to enjoy these races and finish them.  I knew I'd finish and I was going to do my best to enjoy them too.

With my attitude in check, I headed to California and did my best to do what I set out to do.  After all, this was about a new race with a new course and of course, new bling!  Friday night's 5K went okay.  I was lucky to have De'Dee there to help keep my mind off my sore throat and push me to do more than I probably would have on my own.  This was a good start.  Then for the half I was able to push myself to do my best while attempting to keep my breathing under control.  I was able to do pretty well and I feel great about what I did.  Now I can hope to get over this crud and get ready for the Princess Half.

I didn't bother trying to be good with food this week.  I know, stupid, but it is what it is and I'll try to regroup and do better.

Two fabulous events are now done in 2012 and I can look forward to the next event next month.  While the events didn't go exactly the way that I wanted them to go, I cannot complain because I finished them.  I found an inner strength that I knew was there, but that I haven't had to pull up as much as I have this month.

4 comments:

KippWade said...

Getting sick before the WDW Half, was perhaps, the biggest fear that I had.

All of my other co-workers were all getting sick between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Congratulations on pulling through this race, even having been sick the past few weeks!!

sambycat said...

Now I want you to go get a giant shot of antibiotics and steroids STAT!!!!

Karen said...

I can't believe you have been sick this long? have you been to a doctor? Glad you were at least able to do the Tinerkbell race, that would have been heartbreaking to miss it!

Richard said...

Congratulations on finishing another race, but I am starting to worry about you. I hope you've been or will soon be going to a doctor about this illness. Take care of yourself!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels