2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weekly Review: Jan 2 - 8

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 100-125 miles run/walk per month
2. One 20+ mile run/walk per month
3. One day of Pilates per week
4. One day of Strength Training per week
5. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
6. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill - 2.78mi, .29mi warm up walk, 1.01mi @ 11:14 per mi, 1mi @ 12:34 per mi, .48mi cool down walk
Notes: I actually ran a full mile with no walk breaks.  It's been a really long time since I've done that, I wasn't even sure if I could do that any more.  Really felt like a good workout to start out the big race week.

Tuesday
REST
Notes: Had too many errands, shopping and house prep to do in order to get ready to travel.

Wednesday
REST
Notes: Travel to Walt Disney World.  Did walk around the Magic Kingdom.

Thursday
REST
Notes: Spent the day in the parks and at the expo getting ready for the big races.

Friday
AM Workout:  Disney's Family Fiesta Fun Run 5K - 3.21mi @ 14:23 per mi
Notes: Had a really good run/walk today.  It felt a bit odd running dressed up for a race, but it was fun.  My legs felt really fresh and ready to get the miles in.  I didn't push too hard, but I took it easy and did some nice run/walk segments.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Walt Disney World Half Marathon - 14.61mi, .3mi warm up walk, 13.39mi @ 14:51 per mi, .92mi cool down walk
Notes: Started getting a sore throat yesterday and it did not get better.  Sore throat was feeling pretty bad all race.  Had a side stitch and stomach cramps for the first half of the race.  Had to stop on the course, then I felt a bit better.  One of the roughest halfs I've had in a while.

Sunday
AM Workout:  Walt Disney World Marathon - 28.22mi, .3mi warm up walk, 27mi @ 15:11 per mi, .92mi cool down walk
Notes: Rough night with a killer sore throat and a pretty bad fever.  Couldn't take a proper deep breath.  Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get through the whole race, but I did.  It was sheer will power at times.  Got very hot about half way through the race, but there were plenty of water stops at least.  Never been so miserable during a race.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -2.2 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 48.82
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 48.82

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: MISSED

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 52.69
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 52.69

Training Notes
One of my goals for the year was to finish the Dopey Challenge...I was really hoping to better my times for each of the races, but illness got the better of me.  I have to be happy that I was able to finish all three races.  I am a bit bummed that I got sick because my legs felt absolutely fabulous through all three races - there was no knee, hip or foot pain at all.  It would have been nice to see what I could have done under better circumstances, but I guess that's what next year is for!

I didn't do too bad with food while at Walt Disney World.  I ate more than I should have, but I did manage to curb a lot of snacking and eating just to eat.  Of course, being sick certainly didn't hurt in this respect.

Walt Disney World Marathon weekend is over and now I have to work on getting ready for the Tinker Bell Half in just a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Leanne T said...

Great update! Hoping you are feeling better for the Tinker Bell Half.

Karen said...

Good job getting another Dopey done :) Sorry you aren't feeling great...

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels