2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 2012 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: -3.8 poundsWhile that number looks okay, I can assure you that I have put on a few pounds since the 2012 Dopey Trip, being sick and then the 2012 Tinker Bell Trip.  I am working on getting my focus back in place and hopefully I can turn things back around.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 77.31 miles
Bike: 0.0 miles
Elliptical: 0.0 miles
Total Miles: 77.31 miles

Where do I begin?  Well, the year started off good enough with a nice New Year's Day 5K.  It was a good warm up race and didn't feel too bad overall. Next, I took a nice little trip to Walt Disney World to participate in a little thing called the Dopey Challenge.  I completed the three races - unfortunately I did not better my times and that was due to the illness I ended up with prior to the Half Marathon.  I learned a lot about myself during those races - I am proud to say that I possess a mental strength that I thankfully don't have to use everyday.  I continued to get sicker and when I got home I visited my Dr. and found out that I had Bronchitis, a Sinus Infection, and swollen glands, nose, throat, and sinuses.  I was put on a very strong dose of antibiotics for 10 days in conjunction with Mucinex and some powerful cough syrup.  These medicines got rid of the infection and most of my coughing is gone, but during this time I was unable to put any miles in.  Then came the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend.  I had no idea what I was going to be able to do, but I knew I was going to do it.  The races went pretty well and I was able to work around the remaining sinus drainage, terribly sore throat and occasional coughing fit.

Goal Review
I completed the Dopey Challenge and the Tinker Bell race events.  Considering I ran 4 of the 5 races sick I am very happy with the fact that I finished all of them.  While I wasn't happy with my times for any of the races, I am satisfied because I know that I did my best with the circumstances.

Sadly, I failed to meet my 100-125 run/walk miles per month goal.  This month it wasn't because I didn't want to do the miles, but because health issues stopped me from doing them.  It is not the way I was hoping to start the year, but I will again accept what is and move to make the next month better. 

February 2012
The first part of February should allow me some time to gain my strength back, get rid of this sinus thing and get ready for the next big events.  The end of the month has me traveling back to Walt Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon.  I am excited to do this race again.  I did the first one in 2009 and this is the race that gave me the half marathon PR that I still list (even though it's a bit old now).  While I don't know that I'll be able to PR this race, I am hoping to have a good showing and enjoy the race (hopefully, healthy).

I know that I have to start working on my weight loss.  I've just been making really bad choices lately and  the only reason I have is laziness.  I have been taking the easy way out, using being sick as an excuse to just stop and pick up anything for dinner, not eating breakfast, etc...No, I don't have anyone to blame but me and I am really hoping that I can turn this mindset around.

I hope you have had a Happy and Healthy New Year!  January may be over, but that doesn't mean you should give up on the goals you made in the New Year, you have lots of time to continue your journey!

1 comments:

Leanne T said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I am sticking to my goal of working out 6 days a week.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels