2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Countdown to 2012 WDW Marathon Weekend #34

#34 - Epcot's The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Photobucket
From the Walt Disney World website:
The Seas with Nemo and Friends attraction is a ride for Guests of all ages in Future World in Epcot theme park inspired by the characters from the Disney·Pixar film Finding Nemo. 

Board a "clamobile" and gently descend below the waves into a colorful underwater world where Nemo and his friends explore colorful tropical reefs, discover ancient shipwrecks, meet beautiful sea creatures and avoid lurking peril. 
Photobucket
Nemo is once again missing and Marlin and Dory are searching for him—although, unlike in the movie, Nemo is more playfully absent than truly lost. The adventure climaxes with an awe-inspiring view of the Finding Nemo characters frolicking among real-life fish living in a 5.7 million gallon salt-water tank. 

Some of the original animators who worked on Finding Nemo at Pixar Animation Studios helped bring their characters to life in this delightful attraction. Fans of the movie will find plenty to love in the new adventures of some of their favorite underwater friends. 

This slow-moving and tranquil "omni-mover" style attraction provides a gentle transition from the outside world into the deep sea-depths of The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion. The Finding Nemo fun is just starting when the ride ends—there are plenty of aquatic adventures and activities inside the pavilion.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Why am I looking forward to The Seas with Nemo and Friends?
My fascination with this attraction goes back to the very first time that I visited Epcot.  The Living Seas captivated me from the moment I stepped up and saw the waves outside and that fascination and wonder continued as I wandered around the exhibits.  From that very first visit, it became one of my all time favorite places to spend time.

Photobucket
The more times I visited, the more I found wonder there.  I knew at some point I was going to have to become SCUBA certified so that I could dive there.  First I tried the SCUBA assisted snorkel, this is an amazing experience - you don't have to be SCUBA certified to do this and you don't actually leave the surface and go under the water, but it is spectacular.  You snorkel all around the tank and see the fish, sharks, turtles, rays, etc...It's a great way to see the tank up close and personal and it's not scary.  During this experience, I knew that I was going to be diving there - I had to be under the water with all these amazing animals.  I've now done Dive Quest twice and can't wait to do it again - such an unreal experience!

While I was perfectly happy with the original Living Seas, I don't actually mind the addition of Nemo and Friends.  They fit the atmosphere quite well and if it gets people more excited about protecting the Oceans and all the extraordinary creatures that live there I am quite fine with Nemo joining the act. 

I love that the clamobiles take you on a journey once again.  No, it's not the same as it used to be, but it's still fun especially when you get to see Nemo and Friends in the tank with the real fish.  That's a technology that I can truly appreciate and it's still impressive to see the gang surrounded by real fish, rays, sharks and dolphins.
Photobucket

You'll also find Turtle Talk with Crush here.  This is always a fun experience as Crush interacts with the children (and some adults) in the audience.  You always get a different experience as the kids have lots of different questions.  Check it out the next time you're there and see if you don't get a few laughs out of the experience.

For me, the real draw is visiting all the different exhibits and aquariums to see what interesting fish and sea life are on display.  I always have to stop and see the rescued manatees and watch the dolphins have fun in their area.

The atmosphere in there is really calm and tranquil as you feel like you're under the sea.  Take the time to just enjoy everything there and see what new discoveries await you below the surface!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels