2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekly Review: Oct 31 - Nov 6

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
REST
Notes: Halloween today...I ended up with some blisters on my little toes from the shoes I was wearing so I decided not to push it.

Tuesday
REST
Notes: Yes, I was lazy again today.  I've been tired and worn out and just not up to getting any miles in today.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 4.04mi @ 13:57 per mi
Notes: Got in an okay treadmill walk tonight on the mill.  Still feeling a bit off now.

Thursday
PM Workout:  Elliptical - 1.08mi, 30mins, resistance level 1
Treadmill walk 2.58mi @ 13:57 per mi
Notes: Got on the elliptical - something I haven't been very good about doing.  Yes, it kicked my butt.  Then hopped on the treadmill for a short walk. 

Friday
REST
Notes: Yes, I'm completely lazy.  After the expo, I got home and just really didn't feel like trying to get any miles in.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill walk 8.50mi @ 13:45 per mi
Notes: Was going to do more miles, but decided that I'd rather have a little bit of energy left for the half marathon tomorrow.  Had a pretty good walk with a few short running segments at the end.

Sunday
AM Workout:  Women's Half Marathon - 14.24mi,  .25mi warm up walk, 13.23mi @ 13:42 per mi, .76mi cool down walk
Bike - 10mi, 44mins, 13.4mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: It was an absolutely gorgeous day in terms of the weather - perfect race weather.  Had to walk the first half of the marathon as my knee needed to warm up before I could do any running on it.  The ball of my right foot is extra sore tonight - can't get my legs on the program my mind is on.  The race took longer than I wanted, but at least I did it.  Used Pep-O-Mint Lifesavers and water for fuel and that worked really well for me.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +1.4 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 29.36
Bike Miles: 10.00
Elliptical Miles: 1.08
TOTAL MILES: 40.4

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: MISSED

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 29.36
Bike Miles: 10.0
Elliptical Miles: 1.08
TOTAL MILES: 40.44

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
Managed a bronze medal again this week. Even taking a few days off I managed to get a good number of miles in thanks to the half marathon.

I am working on walking faster.  I'm still having some issues with the running - it takes my knee quite a while to warm up and not hurt while running, but it's still much better than it was so that makes me pretty happy.  I am now having some issues with the ball of my right foot - it's been a bit sore and after the race today is more sore than it has been.  I'll ice and keep an eye on it and hopefully it will settle down.

Food completely sucked this week.  I would have a good day and two bad days.  I just let my stress and busy schedule really dictate how I ate.  I know that is bad, but I recognize what I did wrong and am trying to learn how to correct that problem.. 

Two months until the 2012 WDW Marathon Weekend!  I cannot believe how close it is.  How am I feeling about it this time.  While I have a couple of nagging issues - my knee and the ball of my foot - I still feel pretty good.  I know I won't be making any fabulous PR attempts, but I hope to finish strong and in as little pain as possible.  I think I might be able to do that.

The weather is cooling down and much improved for running.  In fact, I had to wear gloves today and never overheated - that's a change that I can handle!  How is the weather where you are and are you enjoying the cool down?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels