2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekly Review: Nov 14 - 20

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
REST
Notes: I have no real excuse, I just didn't feel like working out tonight.  I know, I know, now's not the time for this.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk 5mi @ 14:11 per mi
Notes: Walked a 15 min mi, 14:47 min mi, 4:17 min mi, 13:57 min mi, and a 13:38 min mi.  Was a bit sore in the beginning which is was causing the progression workout, and the longer I walked the better I felt.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 2.25mi @ 14:34 per mi
Notes: I wasn't feeling like working out, but at least I got a couple of miles in.  Better than nothing I suppose. I did some jogs in there, but I felt sort and slow tonight.

Thursday
REST
Notes: I've been feeling some stress about work and decided to take a break today.  Wondering how to find a job that relates to running as that's where my head has been the last couple of years. 

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk 3.12mi @ 13:04 per mi
Notes: It would have been easy to blow this off, but I had a goal for the weekend.  It was a great start to the weekend and it kept it slow and easy tonight.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk 13.12mi @ 13:37 per mi
Notes: Okay, another half marathon done and on the treadmill.  I know, I know - I need to get outside, but it just didn't happen.  I am not as fast as I'd like but I kept it at 2hr 58mins so at least I was under 3hrs.  Not really any pain at all at the end, which is absolutely amazing.

Sunday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk and outside - 23mi treadmill and 3.3mi outside with the dogs @ 13:40 per mi
Notes: A good way to end the Dopey Challenge.  5hrs and 59mins and a full marathon completed.  Okay, the bad part - I wanted to quit from mile 16 on.  I was mentally exhausted more than physically.  The good part - I really felt pretty good for the whole thing.  I ended up being hardly sore at all.  I did the first 23 miles on the treadmill and then I took the dogs outside to finish up.  Not to bad all around.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +3.4 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 49.79
Bike Miles: 0.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 49.79

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: MISSED

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 99.37
Bike Miles: 30.0
Elliptical Miles: 1.08
TOTAL MILES: 130.45

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
Woohoo - a gold medal for this week.  How did I end up with a gold medal?  Well, I managed to get another Dopey Challenge dress rehearsal under my belt.  I wanted to see where I was in terms of readiness and now I know - I feel so much more confident than last year.

I think some comparisons are in order:
December 2010 Dopey Challenge Dress Rehearsal
5K - 3.41mi @ 16:05 per mi
Half - 13.34mi @ 17:13 per mi
Full - 26.38mi @ 17:17 per mi

January 2011 Dopey Challenge - the REAL DEAL
5K - 3.2mi @ 14:34 per mi
Half - 13.34mi @ 14:44 per mi
Full -26.22mi @ 15:21 per mi

July 2011 Dopey Challenge Dress Rehearsal
5K - 3.12mi @ 12:45 per mi
Half - 13.13mi @ 13:40 per mi
Full - 26.5mi @ 14:21 per mi

November 2011 Dopey Challenge Dress Rehearsal
5K - 3.12mi @ 13:04 per mi
Half - 13.12mi @ 13:37 per mi
Full - 26.30mi @ 13:40 per mi

I think those are some telling numbers for sure.  I finally feel like I'm getting some confidence back.  I slowed the 5K - on purpose, I didn't want to use up the tank on the 5K that's just a fun run.  Then I bumped up the half marathon pretty well and the good part is that I didn't hurt after I was done - I did still walk a good portion, but I also did some running which is not something I did in January.  The full is the amazing one to me - I really improved here, I cut 43 minutes off the time from January and was just under six hours.  I'm very happy with these results and the best part is that yes, I feel like I've done the miles, but I don't hurt so bad that I want to cry!  Sweet improvement.

Okay, the food part has sucked again this week.  I've done really good the last few days with the dress rehearsal, but the rest of the week was me over eating and not doing well.  I know that I struggle with this part and I try to work on it even if I am not good all the time.

I signed up for a 10K on Thanksgiving day.  This will be a guaranteed PR for me as I've yet to complete a 10K race.  I'm looking forward to it - hopefully I'll be able to walk by Thursday!

While last week was about recharging, this week was all about challenging.  What did you do this week to really challenge yourself?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels