2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 2011 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: +4.2 pounds
No, I am not at all happy with that number.  I know that I did this to myself.  I know how to do it right and yet I still stumble on this area all the time.  I will continue to work on this and try to do so much better.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 114.67 miles
Bike: 30.00 miles
Elliptical: 1.08 miles
Total Miles: 145.75 miles

I am pretty okay with the numbers for November.  They aren't as high as I should have had, but I made some great progress this month.  My knee is feeling better (finally).  The last week saw me down with allergies and a migraine, but I did what I could.  I also had a super successful Dopey Challenge dress rehearsal and I couldn't be happier about that.

Goal Review
I completed the Women's Half Marathon in November.  I was hoping to get under three hours, but knew that might be a problem with the knee issues I was having.  I did manage to come in at three hours so at least it wasn't too bad and the legs held up okay.  It also gave me a chance to test my new fueling strategy of Lifesavers during a race and that worked really well for me.  This race kept me going with my one race per month goal for the year and my fourth half for the year.

I still managed to stay well over the 80-100 run/walk miles per month goal!  Of course I would have loved to have more miles to report for November, but I still feel great about the miles I got and the progress I made overall. 

December 2011
My next half marathon is on the 4th - the Runner's Den/Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon. This is a new
race for me and I have no idea what to expect in terms of number of participants, the course or anything else.  Not setting any lofty goals because I don't want to end up injured and unable to train for the Dopey.  Just going to treat this as another great long run and we'll see what happens.

I have my new shoes to start breaking in for the January races.  I feel like I have just enough time to get some good miles in on them so I'm hoping they'll be okay.  Same brand/line as I always wear, but it's the newest model so there's a chance they won't be to my liking...At least my current shoes will suffice if I have to as both pairs have about 100 miles left to go on each before they are no good to run in.

I almost think that I'm self sabotaging my weight loss, but I don't know why I am doing on it.  I'm working on figuring out what is going on to cause me to do stupid things.  It's just my tough area and something that I've always struggled with so it'll keep being a work in progress and hopefully at some point things will all click again.

Thanksgiving is over and now we look forward to Christmas.  I hope everyone stays safe and healthy and continues to push toward all the goals you have!

2 comments:

-J.Darling said...

Hang in there! It's so easy to put on comfort lbs in the cooler weather. I'm fighting that battle myself!

Rae! said...

Don't let the +4 bug you. I bet most of it is water. So this weekend another half! Great! I love Christmas.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels