2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

An Interesting Adventure Comes to an End

I've kept quiet about this, but I applied for the 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel for runDisney.  I made it through to Round 2 and just received the email that my journey is over and I didn't make it to Round 3.

Honestly, I think deep down I knew that I wouldn't make it.  It is still disappointing as I do love runDisney and having completed 17 runDisney races I feel like I have good advice to give to people.  Not to mention that I'll be doing pretty much all of the races in 2012 :).

I wish all those progressing to Round 3 good luck and can't wait to see who makes the final cut.

A little bit about the journey.  I applied for the panel and basically forgot about it until I received an email the day before I was leaving for a business trip.  Great, now I have made it to Round 2 and I was excited, but it also meant I'd have to do a video and answer the questions from a hotel room in order to submit everything on time.

I can tell you that these were not ideal surroundings to try to do a video showing your passion for runDisney.  I improvised as well as I could, but I know my video wasn't perfect.

It has been stressful waiting and wondering if I'd make it through to the next round and when the email came in tonight it was a bit deceiving in its wording...at first it makes you think you made it, until you read further.

The subject line read...You Are One Of The Very Few Who Made It This Far!

The body of the email said...
On behalf of Disney Destinations, LLC, thank you for applying for the 2012 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel!  Your application showed us the inspiring role Disney plays in your life. We were and are incredibly touched by your passionate responses and captivated by some of the special anecdotes that you shared with us on your application.  Having received thousands of entries, you can imagine the great task it was trying to narrow the field to the next round. While you were not among those selected, we are very grateful that you took the time to enter; your experiences and love of Disney Parks means so much to all of us. The 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel, disneyworldmoms.com, will be officially announced in January 2012. Successfully making it to this last round indicates that you have an amazing talent to impart your passion for the Disney Parks with others. Your passion for Disney Parks keeps you in a fantastical world full of magic and dreams that we hope you continue to share with the world. We hope you will visit the site regularly and wish that you will consider reapplying for the 2013 panel!  Once again, we sincerely thank you for your application. 
Magically yours,
Laura

Not sure if I will apply again next year, I guess only time will tell...I really don't know that I could or would have changed anything I wrote and/or said in my answers and video.  If it wasn't good enough this year, I don't see how it could be good enough next year.

1 comments:

-J.Darling said...

Congrats on making it past the first round! I've thought about applying, but haven't yet. You're one step ahead of me! I'm not sure what I have to offer that is unique, but I guess you never know unless you try, right?

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels