2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Countdown to 2012 WDW Marathon Weekend #46

#46 -  Epcot's Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Photobucket
From the Walt Disney World website:
Tag along with your favorite feisty dragon in Journey Into Imagination With Figment, an attraction that's fun for little ones in the Imagination! Pavilion in the Future World area of Epcot theme park.

Journey Into Imagination With Figment begins with an invitation by Chairman Dr. Nigel Channing to attend an open house event at his prestigious Imagination Institute.

Inside his precious sensory labs, Dr. Channing sets out to prove how the 5 senses—sound, sight, smell, touch and taste—capture and control the imagination. But much to Dr. Channing's chagrin, the playful purple dragon Figment has joined the tour, too.

Full of mischief and music, Figment derails Dr. Channing's sound experiment, screws around with the sight chart and causes quite a stink in the Smell Lab.

Taking over the tour, Figment leads you to his whimsical upside-down house where, from this topsy-turvy perspective, he proves that imagination works best when set free.

ImageWorks
After your Journey Into Imagination With Figment, take your imagination and let it loose at the ImageWorks. Conduct an orchestra, experiment with lights and video, make dragons sing, check out the live show Digital Imaging which features the world's largest digital camera, and explore the interactive stations at "the creative playground of the future."

Why am I looking forward to Journey Into Imagination with Figment?
I know, I know - the ride just isn't the same, it's not near as fun and yes, I miss Dream Finder too.  Regardless of all that, I still have to visit my favorite little purple Figment!

One great thing - even during busy times you probably won't have to wait for this one.  The queue rarely gets longer than a few minutes.  I'm not sure I can remember the last time I had to wait, I'm pretty sure it was back with the original version of the attraction.

The ride takes you on a journey of the senses and some of the effects are a bit frightening to little kids.  There's one point where it's dark and a very loud train noise with wind comes toward you - I've seen more than one kid cry at this point.  One other thing that is not so scary, but a little awful is the smell portion of the ride - that's all I'll say on that one.

Figment is the big draw on this ride, and sadly it's not the best portrayal of our little friend.  He's a little more rude and mischievous and a little less lovable than he was originally, but at least he has a presence back in the ride.

I still enjoy the ride.  I like to come in here when I need a break from the crowds and many times you can have a ride vehicle to yourself.  There are still a couple of great effects in the ride and the best part for me is the end where you get to see a whole bunch of Figments doing different activities.

Give the ride a chance and try to enjoy it for what it is now instead of what it used to be!

1 comments:

-J.Darling said...

You're not alone! I love this attraction. I am DYING for a figment Big Fig!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels