2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekly Review: Oct 17 - 23

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 3.26mi @ 14:26 per mi
Notes: Tried to run on the mill tonight and couldn't run much.  Left knee is still not 100% but it is feeling a lot better.  Stairs weren't quite as painful today.

Tuesday
REST
Notes: Having some mental issues today.  Just feeling a bit down that I feel like I'm regressing instead of improving.  It happens and I'll work through it.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 5.5mi @ 14:10 per mi
Notes: Got in a good walk and was able to do some running segments - slowly, but more than I've been able to do in a while.  The left knee was feeling better, but I had to warm it up a couple of miles before it felt normal - still, so much better than it has been.  Need to be careful and not overdo it too much though.

Thursday
PM Workout:  Treadmill incline workout #7 - 30mins, up to 8% incline, long running segments
Treadmill walk 2.25mi @ 14:17 per mi
Notes: Got in a good incline workout with some nice long running segments and the knee held up fine.  Then I got a couple of walk miles in.  All in all, not too bad of a day. 

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 3.19mi @ 14:17 per mi
Notes: Got a good walk in on the mill tonight.  No running, didn't want wear myself out before my long run.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk 13.15mi @ 14:04 per mi
Notes: I was a bit tired and shaky when I finished today but I kept up a nice fast walk and was able to do many, many running segments all the way through today.  The knee is a bit stiff now that I'm done, but felt really good the whole time.  Used Pep-O-Mint Lifesavers as fuel with water today and felt really good in terms of energy.

Sunday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk 7.10mi @ 14:05 per mi
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 3.67mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes: It was really hard to get any running in this morning, but I did what I could.  By mile 4 I was feeling worn out.  I didn't get the miles I wanted to get, but I still feel really good because I was not sore at all this morning - yeah!  Fell a little short on miles in the first run so later on in the evening I decided to get a walk in to round out the miles.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +3.8 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 40.16
Bike Miles: 0.00
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 40.16

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 93.64
Bike Miles: 25.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 118.64

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
Look at that - I got a gold medal this week.  A nice 40.16 miles this week and it felt good to get those miles in...It was actually less miles than I had planned, but I am super happy with the numbers this week as I haven't felt this good in a while.

The best part about this week?  Well, I was able to start adding running back in to the mix and my knee didn't complain.  Finally after almost two months I am able to get some running in again and man does that feel good.  This knee has been worrying me pretty good for a while and I wasn't sure it was going to get better, but now it's back to about 95% and it feels fabulous.

I had one bad day this week where I let my stress get the best of me, but overall it was quite a good week in terms of food.  This is an area that I continue to struggle with almost on a daily basis, but as long as I don't give up that's what counts.  I know the rules and want to follow them, but my cravings sometimes overrule my common sense and knowledge - I guess that's why we're human huh?

Coming up on my next half marathon and I feel better about it since my knee is feeling better.  Still feel like I have a fair amount of work to do before January.  I am re-adjusting my goals for January.  I have to come to terms with the fact that I have not worked enough on speed and that means that I'm not going to be able to cut as much time off my races as I had hoped for.  I am not bothered by this though because I'm still out there doing it and if I can do it without a minimum amount of pain that's really what matters.  I will probably never be as fast as I'd like to be - that doesn't mean I'll stop trying to get faster, but I will re-evaluate what speed means to me.

I am planning a pretty interesting costume for Halloween.  Anyone else planning anything fun?

2 comments:

karen @ working it out... said...

Glad your knee is feeling better! Disney is just around the corner :)

Rae! said...

Glad your knee is better. I can't wait till Halloween!
Speed is hard for me to come by as well.I haven't been picked up. I sure won't stop. The day That happen, is the day I learn WC.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels