2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, October 31, 2011

October 2011 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: -9.4 pounds
I am pretty happy with that number - at least it's in the right direction again.  I am not where I want to be in terms of weight, but I'm still a work in progress and I'll keep working on it until I do get to where I want to be.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 112.40 miles
Bike: 25.00 miles
Elliptical: 0.0 miles
Total Miles: 137.40 miles

While the numbers are lower than I would have liked for October, I am okay with these numbers.  I am finally in a place where I can start pushing my left knee a bit more and the legs are feeling good in general.

Goal Review
I completed the Walk for Hope in October.  There was no goals and no speed to be had in this one.  I walked this with a friend that hadn't been out walking or running since February - needless to say it was just me pushing her to keep going so it was slow.  That being said, it was a race for the month and helps keep me going with my one race per month goal for the year.

I still managed to stay well over the 80-100 run/walk miles per month goal!  Of course I would have loved to have more miles to report for October, but I still got a respectable amount of miles and managed to get my knee feeling better so that counts for a lot in my book. 

November 2011
My next half marathon is on the 6th - the Women's Half Marathon.  I am not setting any lofty goals for this race.  It's going to be a test of the knee and legs in general to just see what I can do without hurting myself.  I am not setting any time goals or worrying about much of anything on this one.  I intend to just enjoy myself - I hope I can at least do that :)!

I feel for those of you that are already dealing with freezing temperatures and snow, but you can send some cool my way.  It was close to 90 today, but we are supposed to get down in to the 70's by the weekend.  Maybe now I really can start getting outside as I know I need to get off the treadmill and start pushing my mind and body to get used to the outside terrain and boredom that comes with long runs outside (I read on the treadmill so I don't get bored to easily on there).

I am still having my good days and bad days in terms of food.  This is still a big struggle area for me.  I do what I can and I keep trying to tweak things in hopes that I'll find the perfect match for my moods and metabolism.  So much easier said than done for me.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween, got good miles in during October and ready to push towards any goal races coming up!

2 comments:

Rae! said...

You have done great. I am excited that October is gone!! You got this race coming up. It's just another long weekly run!

Richard said...

Nobody is really harder on us than we are on ourselves. I see you down over 9 lbs last month and you say that you're "pretty happy with that". I think you should be doing back flips because that is awesome. Even with a bad month you are still down almost 18 pounds on the year so far!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels