2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you probably already know that I love Halloween.  I am always looking for unique costumes and don't mind spending a bit of money and time making my ideas come to life.  This year I decided on Medusa - when I started I wasn't sure what I would come up with.  It is not as easy finding rubber snakes as you would think - lots of web searching had to happen and lots of local stores to find everything I needed.  Then I had to paint each snake with several coats of gold or silver paint and finally each snake was attached to a wig with wire. If you are wondering - yes, it was rather heavy after all day and some of the wires did end up poking in to my scalp making it a bit uncomfortable at times!

In the end, I am super happy with my costume this year.  In fact, it was good enough to take the BEST COSTUME award at work!


Photobucket

Photobucket

The company I work for provided pumpkins for carving this year which was super cool. I had already decided to do a Jack Skellington design and it was great because when I went to get my pumpkin there was one white pumpkin - of course I snagged it. I had never carved a white pumpkin before and I will say it was not easy, the flesh was easily twice as thick as a normal pumpkin so it took extra care and time to do it.  To my surprise - I also took home the BEST PUMPKIN award!


Photobucket

Did you do anything fun for Halloween this year?

4 comments:

Rae! said...

Very cool costume. I used the hot dog costume. Love the carved pumpkin. Awesome.

Richard said...

Awesome! What happened after you turned your coworkers to stone?

J. Wazowski said...

So creepy yet so fun! Congrats again on your wins.

karen @ working it out... said...

Creeeeeepy girl! Congratulations on winning best costume!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels