2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekly Review: Sep 19 - 25

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 3.86mi, .33mi warm up walk, 3mi @ 12:32 per mi, .53mi cool down walk
Notes: Got a great run/walk in tonight.  My left leg felt perfectly fine while running and walking, but was a bit achy when I was done.  Not bad though.

Tuesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 3.77mi @ 14:38 per mi
Treadmill Incline Workout #6 - 2.16mi, 30 mins, up to 3% incline, 90% running segments
Notes: That was a pretty intense incline workout tonight - no real walking breaks.  Got a good walk in too.  Felt good to have some success in the workouts tonight.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 3.35mi, .28mi warm up walk, 2.87mi not sure of pace, .20mi cool down walk
Notes: The Garmin and foot pod were not cooperating today and didn't bother to log my pace.  Been pushing a bit the last few days and feeling pretty good, but there's a lot more to go this week.

Thursday
PM Workout:  Elliptical - 1.08mi, 30mins, resistance level 1
Bike - 25mi, 1hr 52mins, 13.5 mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: The elliptical was really tough and a bit painful tonight, but I know it's great to get back in to the swing of it.  Got a good long bike ride in and it made me tired and sore and that made me feel okay overall. 

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 3.10mi @ 13:42 per mi
Notes: Got in a pretty good run/walk tonight.  It was slower than I had hoped to be, but still a good effort overall.

Saturday
AM:  Run/Walk - 12.15mi, .31mi warm up walk, 11.84mi @ 15:51 per mi (including stop lights and breaks)
Notes: I decided to head outside this morning - thought it would be a good idea.  Was going to try to get in a nice half marathon.  Started out a little later than I hoped for and by mile 5 I knew I was in trouble.  I had to stop running altogether and closing in on mile 8 I had to stop at a pharmacy to get a Gatorade and more water.  It just heated up too quickly outside and I'm not accustomed to being out there in it.  Was also having a little trouble with the left hip and knee, but that was minor compared to the sun and heat.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill walk 13.14mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes: So, this was supposed to be a Dopey weekend, but the only thing Dopey about it was my thinking I could do that this weekend.  I decided to hit the treadmill this morning and to be honest despite my hip and knee being swollen and my concern about that, I felt really good the entire time and felt like I actually could have gone longer.  That was a good feeling.  I also tried the hard candy idea for fuel and felt like it worked pretty well for me - one candy each mile and I felt like I had energy the whole time.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -6 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 41.53
Bike Miles: 25.00
Elliptical Miles: 1.08
TOTAL MILES: 67.61

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 94.69
Bike Miles: 44.50
Elliptical Miles: 1.08
TOTAL MILES: 140.27

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
Check that out, I managed to get a gold medal this week.  It was hard earned at times, but it was worth it.  It felt good to get some tough miles in now, but at the time it just hurt - a good hurt, but hurt.

I cannot claim that my left leg is back to 100%.  It is a bit odd, my left knee is super swollen and hurts while sitting at my desk at work, but feels pretty good while running and walking.  I have been using a lot of ice,elevation and Biofreeze and that's been helping a lot.  This is the knee I had surgery on as a teen so pain in this knee is not new to me and I'm just watching it now to see if a visit to the doctor is in order - so far, I'm not to that point.

Just like last week, my eating has been good and bad this week.  I had some great days and some not so great days, but it's always a work in progress and I'll keep working on it.  I have a feeling that the swelling in the legs is going to mean a not happy weigh in next week, but I'll keep plugging along.

As September comes to a close, I can't help but think ahead to next year and the challenges that await me.  It should prove to be an interesting journey and I hope the rest of this year gives me the strength I need to make the best year yet.

Keep your focus, know your goals and do whatever you need to in order to exceed them!

3 comments:

Richard said...

It can be ironic that you can train through an injury and it seems better when in use than at other times. You had a really good week of training. Be careful and keep up the good work!

Matt said...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! You're doing great!

-J.Darling said...

Are you Running the Princess 1/2 in 2012? We're still working out the finances of it. :/

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels