2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekly Review: Sep 12 - 18

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 4.81mi, .33mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:19 per mi, .49mi cool down walk, played with the incline up to 2%
Notes: The left leg is a bit sore still, but I decided to test it out and see how it felt.  The knees are a bit tender, but other than that I felt pretty good.

Tuesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 5.00mi @ 14:38 per mi, 2% incline
Notes: Got a great walk in tonight and the legs felt pretty good.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill Incline Workout #5 - 2.03mi, 30mins, up to 6% incline, more running segments
Notes: The left hip is still hurting off and on - very odd.  Walking and running feels fine though so that's a bonus.

Thursday
PM Workout:  Bike - 12.5mi, 52mins, 14.3mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: Got a good ride in on the bike tonight.  Felt pretty good overall. 

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 3.85mi, .27mi warm up walk, 3.12mi @ 13:09 per mi, .46mi cool down walk
Notes: Got in a really good run/walk tonight.  Played with the incline from 0 - 2%.  Changed intervals to 3min run/1min walk.  Legs felt good.

Saturday
REST
Notes: I was going to be trying the Dopey this weekend, but I just couldn't get motivated today.  I haven't been sleeping well this week and had no energy to run or walk.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill walk 4.15mi @ 14:49 per mi
Bike - 7mi, 30mins, 13.9mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: Was hoping to get a half marathon in today, but it just didn't happen.  I was on the treadmill and I just felt worn out the moment I started.  I ended up adding a few bike miles in to keep the mileage for the week up.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +5.8 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 19.84
Bike Miles: 19.50
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 39.34

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 53.16
Bike Miles: 19.50
Elliptical Miles: 00.00
TOTAL MILES: 72.66

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
Another tough week.  I was battling little sleep and leg soreness, but I am okay with the miles that I managed to get in.  They were mostly quality workouts and felt pretty good for the most part.

I am hoping the leg issues will calm down completely over this next week.  I am feeling better, but I'm still having some tiredness and soreness that I feel should have been gone by now.  It is finally starting to get cooler here in AZ and I'm hoping to be able to get outside much more very soon.

Eating has been good and bad this week.  I had some great days and some not so great days, but it's always a work in progress and I'll keep working on it.

I cannot believe how quickly September seems to be flying by.  While I want January (and next year) to get here fast, I still have a lot of training to do and need the time to get stronger and faster.

How is your September going?  Training hard?  Getting ready for cooler temperatures and lots of races?

3 comments:

Richard said...

We're also finally starting to see a bit of a weather break here in south Texas. The only good thing about the heat this summer is that I developed some awesome heat acclimation with my 100+ degree Tuesday evening group runs.

Good luck with your coming fall weather.

-J.Darling said...

We're seeing cooler temps here in the Pacific Northwest and it's nice! My Sailor and I went to the YMCA for the first time today! I can tell I'm going to LIVE there whenever I can (especially when he's gone - they keep the pool at 82 degrees!!!! It's gonna be like a warm bath in the fall/winter! :) ) We did the stair climber (harder than I thought! I lasted 10 minutes on intervals) and the recumbant bike (15 minutes on Variety/hill setting). Then he helped me with some great core workouts, and we walked around the track a few times. All in all, a great time! Looks like you're pushing through some walls right now. Keep it up!

Chris said...

Look, you've been training like crazy all year, so you probably need a couple off off weeks! Work on the motivation factors though. Do some visualization of you achieving your Dopey goals (I know you have them ;-)). Really just 3 months to train now....let's get back to it!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels